Landfill Methane Outreach Program
Note: EPA no longer updates this information, but it may be useful as a reference or resource.
Valley Landfill High Btu Project
- Irwin, Pennsylvania
- End User(s):
- Equitrans interstate pipeline
- Valley Landfill
- Landfill Size:
- 5.1 million tons waste-in-place (2006)
- Project Type:
- High Btu
- Project Size:
- 597 standard cubic feet per minute (scfm)
- Environmental Benefits:
- Carbon sequestered annually by 1,600 acres of pine or fir forests, annual greenhouse gas emissions from 1,400 passenger vehicles, or carbon dioxide emissions from 17,300 barrels of oil consumed. Annual energy savings equate to heating 2,000 homes. Estimated emissions reductions of 0.0020 million metric tons of carbon equivalents.
- LMOP Partners Involved:
- Beacon Generating LLC, Magellan EnviroGas Partners, LLC, Waste Management, Inc.
- Last Updated: