Landfill Methane Outreach Program
Note: EPA no longer updates this information, but it may be useful as a reference or resource.
Wheelabrator Ridge Energy Co-Fired LFG Energy Project
- Auburndale, Florida
- End User(s):
- Wheelabrator Ridge Energy (WRE)
- North Central Landfill
- Landfill Size:
- 5.2 million tons waste-in-place (2003)
- Project Type:
- Direct Thermal (wood/waste tire incineration)
- Project Size:
- 1,200 standard cubic feet per minute (scfm)
- Environmental Benefits:
- Carbon sequestered annually by 30,300 acres of pine or fir forests, annual greenhouse gas emissions from 27,200 passenger vehicles, or carbon dioxide emissions from 330,300 barrels of oil consumed. Annual energy savings equate to heating 4,100 homes. Estimated emissions reductions of 0.0387 million metric tons of carbon equivalents.
- Last Updated: