Leadership Group Archived Materials
You will need the free Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
On this page you will find meeting materials, call notes, and other materials pertaining to the MCDI Leadership Group. While MCDI has a new organizational structure, we are leaving these materials up for archival purposes.
The 2009 MCDI Leadership Group Meeting was held on September 17, at EPA Region 5 in Chicago. An Adobe PDF file containing the agenda and all presentations can be found by clikcing here: 2009 Leadership Group Meeting Materials (PDF) (152 pages, 3.34 MB)
The PDF contains the following presentations/items (click on an individual presentation's title to download it in Adobe PDF format):
- Agenda (2 pages, 18 K)
- Welcome Presentation (5 pages, 42 K)
- National View/Update from Washington (4 pages, 150 K) (Dawn Fenton, Diesel Technology Forum)
- US EPA Funding/ American Recovery and Reinvestment Act Funding (38 pages, 389 K) (Steve Marquardt, US EPA)
- State Coalition Presentations
- Illinois (29 pages, 1.65 MB) (Darwin Burkhart, Illinois EPA; Angela Tin, American Lung Association - Upper Midwest; Brian Urbaszewski, Respiratory Health Association of Metropolitan Chicago; Samantha Bingham, City of Chicago Department of Environment)
- Indiana (11 pages, 422 K) (Shawn Seals, Indiana Department of Environmental Management; Carl Lisek, South Shore Clean Cities)
- Michigan (27 pages, 229 K) (Donna Davis, Michigan Department of Environmental Quality)
- Minnesota (5 pages, 260 K) (Bill Droessler, Minnesota Environmental Initiative; Mark Sulzbach, Minnesota Pollution Control Agency; Becky Kenow, Flint Hills Resources)
- Ohio (16 pages, 594 K) (Carolina Prado, Ohio EPA; David Abel, Mid-Ohio Regional Planning Commission; David Celebrezze, Ohio Environmental Council; Brad Couch, Clean Fuels Ohio)
- Wisconsin (15 pages, 593 K) (Jessical Lawent, Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources; Francis Vogel, Wisconsin Clean Cities)
The 2008 MCDI Leadership Group Meeting was held on November 13, at EPA Region 5 in Chicago from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm. Below, you can click on links to PDF files of each presentation, as well as a PDF of the final agenda for the meeting.
- Final Agenda (PDF) (2 pages, 20 K)
- Region 5 Air Quality, Current Status, and Future Planning (Steve Marquardt) (PDF)(45 pages, 1.44 MB)
- Overall MCDI Direction (Brian Mormino) (PDF) (12 pages, 54 K)
- State Coalition presentations:
The 2007 MCDI Leadership Group took place on October 11, 2007, at the U.S. EPA Region 5 building in Chicago. The final agenda for last year's event can be viewed here (PDF) (2 pages, 14 K).
Clean Diesel Program Development Workgroup (Co-chaired by Cummins, Inc., and U.S. EPA)
Thursday, Feb 4, 2010; 10:00-11:00 am Central
Call-in number: 866-299-3188 Conference code: 3123533214#
- EPA funding: update on American Recovery and Reinvestment Act
(ARRA), FY09/2010 competition status
- setting up a schedule and topics for regular
technology/informational webinars for the group
- updates on state ARRA and other state funding
- State clean diesel coalitions
- update on any other activities (funding, idle rules, contract specs, etc.) and upcoming events
- Other items you all may have
Call Materials: CAT Emissions Upgrade Groups fact sheet (PDF) (2 pages, 269 K)
Past Leadership Group meeting and call materials can be found here.
- The Midwest Clean Diesel Leadership Group created the following outreach documents to highlight significant issues, opportunities, and success stories.
Midwest Clean Diesel Initiative Leadership Group Outreach Documents:
- "Diesel Exhaust and Your Health" (PDF)(1 page, 523 K)
- "Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality Improvement Program (CMAQ) Summary"(PDF)(1 page, 1.32 MB)
- "Diesel Retrofit Technology: A Cost Effective Approach to Reducing Diesel Engine Emissions" (PDF) (2 pages, 2.10 MB)
Midwest Clean Diesel Initiative Leadership Group Partner Activity Reporting Form
- Leadership Group members are encouraged to use this reporting form (PDF) (1 page, 28 K) to tell us about projects you've been able to get off the ground in your area. You can download examples of completed forms here (PDF) (2 pages, 30 K).
You can visit each state's clean diesel web page by clicking the appropriate link: