Computational Toxicology Research
ToxPi (Toxicological Priority Index) is a flexible prioritization support software tool that incorporates ToxCast bioactivity profiles, inferred toxicity pathways, dose estimates and chemical structural descriptors to:
- Calculate the comprehensive toxicity potential.
- Provide a visual that represents relative contribution of each data domain to an overall priority score.
- Show a new weight-of-evidence framework for diverse prioritization related to systematic, cancer, developmental or reproductive toxicity testing.
- Numerically integrate multiple information domains.
- Incorporate existing knowledge, prioritization schemes and different types of data.
- Provide multivariate of toxicity relative to any set of chemicals and transparency in the relative score for each chemical.
- Customize components for diverse prioritization tasks.
- Integrate numerically various knowledge sources about chemical specific properties.
A stand-alone, graphical user interface (GUI) implementation of ToxPi is available from: http://comptox.unc.edu/toxpi.php This interactive software was implemented in collaboration with the Carolina Center for Computational Toxicology (EPA STAR grant #RD83382501).