Computational Toxicology Research
c-Mantic: A Cytoscape Semantic Web Plugin
c-Mantic ("seMantic") is a Cytoscape plugin that uses Semantic Web technologies to support the analysis of linked data networks. The c-Mantic plug-in is useful for analyzing OWL/RDF data as Cytoscape networks. The OWL/RDF data can come from remote knowledgebases (SPARQL endpoints), imported from OWL/RDF data files, or from transforming the data in any Cytoscape network.
The work is part of the Virtual Liver (v-Liver™) project at the National Center for Computational Toxicology in the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). The c-Mantic plugin was implemented by Lockheed Martin under guidance of the US EPA.
The c-Mantic plug-in can be used to :
- Visualize OWL/RDF data as Cytoscape networks
- Query data from remote SPARQL endpoints and local knowledgebases
- Import OWL/RDF files (N3 or OWL/RDF/XML format)
- Export Cytoscape networks as OWL/RDF files
- Create local knowledge bases from Cytoscape networks