Air Quality: EPA's Integrated Science Assessments (ISAs)
|Carbon Monoxide Lead||Nitrogen Oxides & Sulfur Ozone||Particulate Matter HERO||AIRNow Air QualityAir Quality Twitter|
EPA has set National Ambient Air Quality Standards (NAAQS) for six principal pollutants, which include: ozone, particulate matter, carbon monoxide, sulfur oxides, nitrogen oxides, and lead. Called criteria pollutants, these are derived from numerous sources and are considered harmful to public health and the environment. [Learn more]
- 2013 - Ozone (O3) (PDF) (1251 pp, 40 MB, about PDF)
- 2010 - Carbon Monoxide (CO) (PDF) (593 pp, 29 MB, About PDF)
- 2009 - Particulate Matter (PM) (PDF) (2228 pp, 1,105 MB, About PDF)
- 2008 - Oxides of Nitrogen (NOx) (Primary - Health Criteria) (PDF) (260 pp, 18 MB, about PDF)
- 2008 - Oxides of Nitrogen & Sulfur (Secondary - Ecological Criteria) (PDF) (898 pp, 42 MB, about PDF)
- 2008 - Sulfur Oxides (SOx) (Primary - Health Criteria) (PDF) (479 pp, 9 MB, about PDF)
- 2006 - Lead (Pb) (PDF) (1251 pp, 11 MB, about PDF)
- TBD: Systematic Review Workshop - Send us your input! Deadline is May 31st.
- 6/12-13: Workshop and Call for Information on Integrated Science Assessment for SOx (FR Notice)
- 6/11: Workshop to review initial draft materials for the NOx Integrated Science Assessment for Health Effects
- 5/8: CASAC Lead Review Panel Meeting (follow-up)
- 2/22: EPA released the final ISA on Ozone
- 12/14: EPA released a provisional assessment of recent studies on particulate matter collected since the release of the 2009 ISA on PM
|Basic Information Carbon Monoxide Lead||Ozone Nitrogen Oxides & Sulfur Particulate Matter||Frequent Questions Publications Related Links|
Top Three Questions
- How do I comment on the current review drafts?
- Where can I find out more about the ISAs?
- What is HERO?
Program Director: John J. Vandenberg
by phone at: 919-541-4527
by fax at: 919-541-5078
by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org