Extramural Research - People, Prosperity and the Planet
How to Apply
Topics in this Section
- Basic Information
- Phase I - Project Development
- Phase II - P3 Award Winners
10th Annual P3 Awards: A National Student Design Competition for Sustainability Focusing on People, Prosperity and the Planet - Open: September 12, 2012 - Closing: December 11, 2012
P3 Research Project Search
- 10th Annual P3 Awards: A National Student Design Competition for Sustainability Focusing on People, Prosperity and the Planet - Open: September 12, 2012 - Closing: December 11, 2012
EPA requests applications for the P3 competition and awards once each year. The Request for Applications (RFA) generally opens in August or September and remains open for three (3) to four (4) months. Grants are awarded for the following academic year of study.
The P3 competition is open exclusively to teams of undergraduate and/or graduate students attending U.S. colleges, universities and other post-secondary educational institutions. Applicants (both student team members and faculty advisors) must be citizens of the United States or its territories or be lawfully admitted to the United States. Students must be enrolled in the college, university, or post-secondary educational institution they will be representing.
Interdisciplinary teams, including representatives from multiple engineering departments and/or departments of chemistry, architecture, industrial design, business, economics, policy, social science, and others, are encouraged to apply.
- Open the Power Point Presentation: View the PowerPoint Presentation (PPT) (23 pp, 740 K)
- Listen to the Audio Podcast as you go through the powerpoint slides
Phases of P3: Grant and Award Timeline