National Sustainable Design Expo
Information for P3 Teams
This page contains important information regarding EPA’s P3 Award Competition at the National Sustainable Design Expo this weekend (April 25-27, 2014) in the Sustainability Pavilion in Hall E of the Walter E. Washington Convention Center. The attached postcard (PDF) (2 pp, 362 K) should help you find us. Remember: We are not on the National Mall this year!!
- Attached are detailed move-in procedures (PDF) (1 pg, 95 K) (Move-in.pdf). Please read these carefully and email Jennifer Legge (email@example.com) with the answers to the following questions:
- Team Booth Number
- Are you moving in Thursday or Friday?
- What time?
- Are you carrying in materials, accessing the loading dock or using the truck at the Washington Plaza?
- Use the Floor Plan (PDF) (2 pp, 114 K) to determine your booth number.
- Each organization need send only one person to the registration booth on Friday morning. Please bring signed copies of the Multi-Media Release to submit upon registration. Every person attending the Expo must sign the Multimedia Release Form (PDF) (1 pg, 43 K).
- We will have Opening Remarks at 12:30 PM Friday. We’d like everyone to be set by 12 PM and begin making your way to EPA’s P3 NCER both at 7132.
- You are expected to staff your booth on Friday from 1 PM to 6:45 PM, Saturday, 9 AM - 6 PM and Sunday, 9 AM – 4 PM. The Expo will be closed to the public (and hidden behind pipe and drape) until 3 PM on Friday, but you can use this opportunity to meet the other Phase I teams.
- The Judging Schedule and Judges’ bios are attached. You must be at your booth during this time and ready to speak to the judges. Five to ten minutes before your scheduled time, you should begin wrapping up your conversations with VIPs or the public. Your judging time (PDF) (2 pp, 106 K) will start and stop as scheduled, even if you’re not ready.
- In addition to the P3 Phase II Awards, two additional awards will be presented by the American Institute of Chemical Engineers and the American Society of Civil Engineers. Information about these awards and their judges (PDF) (3 pp, 39 K) is attached.
- Please see the attached photography schedule. Until you are visited by our Staff Photographer, please have your entire team present at your booth for the half-hour time frame assigned (PDF) (2 pp, 115 K).
- You will not be able return to the Expo exhibit hall after the official daily closing time. When you are packing up for the day, please be certain that you have everything you might need. You should plan to leave your exhibits overnight, but take any valuables such as laptops.
- Exhibit teardown may not begin until 6 PM on Sunday after the P3 Award Ceremony and reception.
- Electricity will be available to all teams who requested it on the online registration form. Please bring extension cords and power strips to be sure you can reach the outlets designated for your booth.
- A list of local eateries (PDF) (2 pp, 99 K) and a map of nearby parking options (PDF) (1 pg, 429 K) are attached to help you plan your trip. The concession areas at the Convention Center are likely to be very crowded during peak hours. You may want to avoid peak lunch times and/or plan to take shifts to leave the Convention Center for lunch. You must have your exhibit staffed at all times when the Expo is open to the public. (Restaurants.pdf and Parking.pdf)
- More information about transportation to the Convention Center can also be found at Walter E. Washington Convention Center .
- Drinking water stations will be available in the Convention Center. Please plan to bring your own reusable water bottle.
2014 P3 Team Information
- 2014 Additional Awards (PDF) (3 pp, 39 K)
- Floor Plan (PDF) (2 pp, 114 K)
- Judge Biographies (PDF) (8 pp, 80 K)
- Judging Schedule (PDF) (2 pp, 106 K)
- Move-In Directions for P3 Phase I and Phase II Teams (PDF) (3 pp, 95 K)
- Multimedia Release Form (PDF) (1 pg, 43 K)
- Parking Lots (PDF) (1 pg, 429 K)
- Postcard (PDF) (2 pp, 362 K)
- Photography Schedule for Phase I P3 Teams (PDF) (2 pp, 115 K)
- Program Guide (PDF) (24 pp, 1.22 MB)
- Restaurants (PDF) (2 pp, 99 K)
|P3 Home Page National Sustainable Design Expo Basic Information||2013/2014 Teams Expo Photo Galleries Expo Winners||Newsroom Archive|