Research Project Search
- Note for all GRO Graduate and Undergraduate Fellowship Applicants: As indicated in the RFA, EPA considers eligible institutions as those receiving less than $35 million in federal research and development funds as listed in "the National Science Foundations publication, "Federal Science and Engineering Support to Universities, Colleges, and Nonprofit Institutions: FY 2004," Table 11." Institutions identified as receiving $35 million or less in annual federal research and development funding, as designated in column 2 of Table 11, are eligible. These data can be found at: http://www.nsf.gov/statistics/nsf07316/pdf/tab11.pdf (28 pp, 106 K, about PDF). Our FAQs had incorrectly referenced an earlier version of this table. This has been corrected and we apologize for any confusion this may have caused. The 2004 tabulation as cited in the RFA is the correct table to determine eligibility.
- Note for Fellowship Applicants: As part of the registration process with Grants.GOV, applicants need to enter an Funding Opportunity Number (FON) on the "Registration with Credential Provider" page. There is a problem with some FONs that results in an error message. If you encounter this problem, please use the work around FON: 0716-INDV-REGISTRATION.
2008 STAR & GRO Fellowship Archives
- Fall 2008 EPA Science to Achieve Results (STAR) Fellowships for Graduate Environmental Study - Open: July 19, 2007 - Closing: October 23, 2007 - Closed
- Fall 2008 EPA Greater Research Opportunities(GRO) Fellowships for Graduate Environmental Study - Open: August 21, 2007 - Closing: October 23, 2007 - Closed
- Fall 2008 EPA Greater Research Opportunities (GRO) Fellowships for Undergraduate Environmental Study - Open: August 29, 2007 - Closing: December 19, 2007 - Closed