2010 Funding Opportunities - Archived
Grantee Research Project Results
Special Announcements Continued
- Under the Climate Change and Allergic Airway Disease RFA, individual proposals do not have to address all of the listed sources of aeroallergens or both asthma and other allergies.
- Announcement of Intent to Issue an RFA on Fate and Transport of Engineered Nanomaterials in Coordination with the EC
The EPA, NSF, USDA and NIOSH will issue a solicitation entitled "Increasing Scientific Data on the Fate, Transport and Behavior of Engineered Nanomaterials in Selected Environmental and Biological Matrices". The solicitation is expected to open on or before November 1, 2009 and will remain open for 90 days. The solicitation is being coordinated with the following call from the European Commission (EC) published on the 30th of July: The EC call reference is: http://cordis.europa.eu/fp7/dc/index.cfm?fuseaction=UserSite.CooperationDetailsCallPage&call_id=276
The Science to Achieve Results (STAR) Program has four formal solicitation periods during the year -- January, April, August, and October. Look below for a partial listing of upcoming topics. STAR Requests for Applications invite research proposals from academic and non-profit institutions located in the U.S., And state and local governments. All forms necessary for completing an application are noted in the announcement and are available on this site (see below).
Click on the highlighted funding opportunities below to view the announcement on screen (HTML). Click on the following for standard STAR grant application forms and instructions -- Forms/Standard Instructions and additional Quality Systems Guidance for STAR Grants -- available in MSWord and PDF formats.
2010 Environmental Research Grant Announcements
- Approaches to Assessing Potential Food Allergy from Genetically Engineered Plants - Open: October 2, 2009 - Closing: January 7, 2010 - Closed
- Exploring New Air Pollution Health Effects Links in Existing Datasets - Open: January 25, 2010 - Closing: April 27, 2010 - Closed
- Computational Toxicology: Biologically-Based Multi-Scale Modeling - Open: April 15, 2010 - Closing: July 15, 2010 - Closed
- Black Carbon's Role In Global To Local Scale Climate And Air Quality - Open: May 19, 2010 - Closing: September 22, 2010 - Closed
EPA and Research Partners
- Increasing Scientific Data on the Fate, Transport and Behavior of Engineered Nanomaterials in Selected Environmental and Biological Matrices - Open: November 6, 2009 - Closing: February 2, 2010 - Closed
- Science in Energy and Environmental Design (SEED): Engineering Sustainable Buildings - Letter of Intent Due: October 09, 2009 - Preliminary Proposal Due: November 13, 2009 - Full Proposal Deadline: March 31, 2010 - Closed
- SBIR Phase I - HTML | PDF (68 pp, 279 K, about PDF) | MS Word - Open: March 19, 2009 - Closing: May 20, 2009 - Closed
- 7th Annual P3 Awards: A National Student Design Competition for Sustainability Focusing on People, Prosperity and the Planet - Open: August 27, 2009 - Closing:
January 4, 2010- extended to January 5, 2010 - Closed
Due to the New Year's Holiday, EPA has extended the closing date of the 7th Annual P3 Awards RFA until January 5th, 2010.
- Research to Improve Risk Communication Strategies During and After the Decontamination/Clearance Phase of an Intentional Biological Release - Open: April 5, 2010 - Closing: July 8, 2010 - Closed
- Fall 2009 EPA Science To Achieve Results (Star) Fellowships For Graduate Environmental Study - Open: August 19, 2009 - Closing: October 22, 2009 - Closed
- Fall 2010 EPA Greater Research Opportunities (GRO) Fellowships for Undergraduate Environmental Study - Open: September 15, 2009 - Closing: December 10, 2009 - Closed