2011 Funding Opportunities - Archived
RFA e-mail list
Grantee Research Project Results
The Science to Achieve Results (STAR) Program has four formal solicitation periods during the year -- January, April, August, and October. Look below for a partial listing of upcoming topics. STAR Requests for Applications invite research proposals from academic and non-profit institutions located in the U.S., And state and local governments. All forms necessary for completing an application are noted in the announcement and are available on this site (see below).
Click on the highlighted funding opportunities below to view the announcement on screen (HTML). Click on the following for standard STAR grant application forms and instructions -- Forms/Standard Instructions and additional Quality Systems Guidance for STAR Grants -- available in MSWord and PDF formats.
2011 Environmental Research Grant Announcements
- Amendment to the SBIR Phase I Solicitation - SOL-NC-11-00012
An amendment was made to correct and incorporate the appropriate dates under Section I "Program Description" (b) (2). The issuance of Phase II solicitation will be on/about July 15, 2012, and proposals will be due on/about September 15, 2012.
View Amendment (1 pp, 84 K, about PDF)
- Upcoming RFA on Innovative Drinking Water Treatment Technologies in Small Systems [Read More]
- Sustainable Chesapeake: A Collaborative Approach to Urban Stormwater Management - Open: September 30, 2010 - Closing: January 31, 2010 - Closed
- Developing the Next Generation of Air Quality Measurement Technology - Open: November 22, 2010 - Closing February 22, 2011 - Closed
- Extreme Event Impacts on Air Quality and Water Quality with a Changing Global Climate - Open: January 21, 2011 - Closing April 18, 2011 - Closed
- Dynamic Air Quality Management - Open: December 22, 2010 - Closing April 28, 2011 - Closed
- Developing High-Throughput Assays for Predictive Modeling of Reproductive and Developmental Toxicity Modulated Through the Endocrine System or Pertinent Pathways in Humans and Species Relevant to Ecological Risk Assessment - Open: January 28, 2011 - Closing May 5, 2011 - Closed
- Source Attribution of Radiative Forcing in Chemical Transport Models - Open: March 14, 2011 - Closing June 8, 2011 - Closed
- Environmental Impact And Mitigation Of Oil Spills - Open: February 28, 2011 - Closing June 22, 2011 - Closed
- Research and Demonstration of Innovative Drinking Water Treatment Technologies in Small Systems - Open: June 23, 2011 - Closing: August 25, 2011 - Closed
Hydraulic Fracturing Research- This Request for Applications is cancelled until further notice.
- 8th Annual P3 Awards: A National Student Design Competition for Sustainability Focusing on People, Prosperity and the Planet - Open: September 17, 2010 - Closing: December 22, 2010 - Closed
- 2012 SBIR Phase 1 | PDF (48 pp, 217 K, about PDF) | MS Word (48 pp, 285 K) - Open: March 15, 2011 - Closing May 3, 2011 - Closed
- Fall 2011 EPA Science To Achieve Results (STAR) Fellowships For Graduate Environmental Study - Open: September 2, 2010 - Closing: November 5, 2010 - Closed
- Fall 2011 EPA Greater Research Opportunities (GRO) Fellowships for Undergraduate Environmental Study - Open: September 14, 2010 - Closing: December 9, 2010 - Closed
Learn more about Fellowships