2014 Funding Opportunities - Archived
RFA e-mail list
Grantee Research Project Results
The Science to Achieve Results (STAR) Program has four formal solicitation periods during the year -- January, April, August, and October. Look below for a partial listing of upcoming topics. STAR Requests for Applications invite research proposals from academic and non-profit institutions located in the U.S., And state and local governments. All forms necessary for completing an application are noted in the announcement and are available on this site (see below).
Click on the highlighted funding opportunities below to view the announcement on screen (HTML). Click on the following for standard STAR grant application forms and instructions -- Forms/Standard Instructions and additional Quality Systems Guidance for STAR Grants -- available in MSWord and PDF formats.
2014 Environmental Research Grant Announcements
2015 SBIR Phase I: Open: July 16, 2014 - Closing:
September 11, 2014October 9, 2014 - Closed
Starting with the current EPA SBIR Phase I solicitation, EPA will be using FedConnect to receive SBIR proposals. For the 2015 Phase I, use Solicitation number SOL-NC-14-00014. Please start early to register your company with FedConnect (and SAM if necessary). Companies can register at FedConnect . [Read More on FedConnect] Informational Webinar
Air Pollution Monitoring for Communities: Open: June 9, 2014 - Closing: October 7, 2014 - Closed
- Air, Climate And Energy (ACE) Centers: Science Supporting Solutions Open: May 7, 2014 - Closing: September 4, 2014 - Closed
- National Priorities: Systems-Based Strategies to Improve The Nation’s Ability to Plan And Respond to Water Scarcity and Drought Due to Climate Change Open: June 20, 2014 - Closing: August 5, 2014 - Closed
- 11th Annual P3 Awards: A National Student Design Competition for Sustainability Focusing on People, Prosperity and the Planet - Open: October 31, 2013 - Closing: December 17, 2013 - Closed
- Indoor Air and Climate Change - Open: October 23, 2013 - Closing: January 23, 2014 - Closed
- Human and Ecological Health Impacts Associated with Water Reuse and Conservation Practices - Open: December 17, 2013 - Closing: February 18, 2014 - Closed
EPA cannot issue any weather related extensions to the closing date for application submittal for this RFA. The closing date for the Human and Ecological Health Impacts Associated with Water Reuse and Conservation Practices RFA remains February 18, 2014.
- Systems-Based Research for Evaluating Ecological Impacts of Manufactured Chemicals - Open: December 4, 2013 - Closing: March 4, 2014 - Closed
- National Center for Sustainable Water Infrastructure Modeling Research - Open: January 13, 2014 - Closing: March 10, 2014 - Closed
- Particulate Matter and Related Pollutants in a Changing World - Open: January 09, 2014 - Closing: March 14, 2014 - Closed
- 2014 EPA Greater Research Opportunities (GRO) Fellowships For Undergraduate Environmental Study: Open: April 10, 2014 - Closing: May 27, 2014 - Closed
- Cooperative Training Partnership in Environmental Health Sciences Research - Open: November 1, 2013 - Closing: January 14, 2014 - Closed
Children's Environmental Health and Disease Prevention Research Centers (P50): Open: September 30, 2014 - Letters of Intent Due November 22, 2014 - Closing: December 22, 2014 - Closed
EPA and Research Partners