Microbiological and Chemical Exposure Assessment Staff
Paul E. Grimmett
Title: Research Chemist
EPA Division: Microbiological and Chemical Exposure Assessment Research Division
EPA Branch: Chemical Exposure Research Branch
Paul’s expertise is the research, development and application of analytical chemistry methods for use in the environmental field. His emphasis has been on providing EPA and the drinking water community with practical monitoring technology that emphasizes accuracy and precision, and then assisting in its proper use. His current work involves method development of chemicals for Unregulated Contaminant Monitoring (UCM) program.
- M.S. in Biological Sciences, Marshall University, 2004
- B.S. in Biological Sciences, Marshall University, 1997
- Research Chemist, USEPA, ORD, NERL-MCEARD, Cincinnati, OH, 2006 - present.
- Analytical Chemistry Manager, SoBran/UES Incorporated, Cincinnati, OH, 1999 - 2006.
- Quality Control Chemist, Microbiological Consultants, Huntington, WV, 1996 - 1999.
Professional Societies and Affiliations:
- American Chemical Society
Select Awards and Honors:
- NERL Special Achievement Award, Laboratory Support, 2010
- ORD Science Achievement Award, 2010
- Grimmett, P and Munch, J. Development of EPA Method 522 for the Analysis of the Solvent Stabilizer 1,4-Dioxane in Drinking Water, Eighth International Conference on Remediation of Chlorinated and Recalcitrant Compounds, Monterey, CA, May 24-27, 2010.
- Grimmett, P and Munch, J. Development of a U.S. EPA Drinking Water Method for the Analysis of Emerging Organic Contaminants by GC/MS, 2008 Water Quality Technology Conference and Exhibition, Cincinnati, OH, November 16-20, 2008.
- Grimmett, P and Munch, J. Development of a Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry Method for the Analysis of the Solvent Stabilizer 1,4-Dioxane in Drinking Water, 24th Annual National Environmental Monitoring Conference, Washington D.C., August 11-15, 2008.
Paul E. Grimmett
Microbiological and Chemical Exposure Assessment Research Division
National Exposure Research Laboratory
Office of Research and Development
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
27 W. Martin Luther King Jr. Drive
Cincinnati, OH 45268