Policy Advice and Recommendations from SCAS to the EPA Administrator
These reports were prepared by the Small Community Adivsory Subcommittee and adopted by the Local Government Advisory Committee, a public advisory group providing external advice to the Administrator and other officials of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). These reports have not been reviewed for approval by the Agency and, therefore, the contents of these reports do not necessarily represent the views and policies of EPA or other agencies in the Executive Branch of the Federal government; nor does mention of trade names or commercial products constitute a recommendation for use.
Policy Advice and Recommendations
Note: EPA no longer updates this information, but it may be useful as a reference or resource.
I. An assessment of and recommendations for improving EPA's implementation of the small community consultation requirements under the Small Business Enforcement Fairness Act (SBREFA) amendments of the Regulatory Flexibility Act and the Unfunded Mandates Reform Act (UMRA).
- Transmittal Letter to Administrator Carol M. Browner 11/5/99 (PDF) (15 pp, 192 K, About PDF)
- Findings & Recommendations 9/9/99 (PDF) (9 pp, 106 K, )
- Administrator's Response to SCAS' Findings and Recommendations 8/1/00 (PDF) (5 pp, 193 K, About PDF)
II. Recommendations regarding EPA's implementation guidance for the Federalism Executive Order (EO 13132)
- Transmittal Letter to Administrator Carol M. Browner 7/26/00 (PDF) (11 pp, 249 K, About PDF)
- SCAS Findings and Recommendations 3/3/00
- Administrator's Response to SCAS' Findings and Recommendations 9/29/00 (PDF) (5 pp, 46 K, About PDF)
III. Recommendations Regarding Small Community Outreach and Compliance Assistance Analysis for EPA's Proposal of the National Primary Drinking Water Standard or Arsenic
- Transmittal Letter to Administrator and SCAS Recommendations on EPA's Proposed Arsenic Rule 9/18/00 (PDF) (8 pp, 110 K, About PDF)
IV. Recommendations on "Guiding Principles for the Establishment of the Office of Small Town Adovcate"