Available Publications: Composting
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more about PDF, and for a link to the free Acrobat Reader.
- Click the "Add to Cart" button (if available). The "Add to Cart " button will open up a new window to EPA's National Service Center for Environmental Publications (NSCEP) Web page, displaying the selected document in a "Document Display" window.
- On the NSCEP "Document Display" page, select the link in the upper right section of the page. This will activate a section on the page called "Document Delivery Options."
- Select the "United States Postal Service" button. This will open up a "bookshelf," which also functions as a shopping cart at NSCEP. You may add additional documents to your NSCEP bookshelf by repeating step 1 above for each additional document.
- Place a checkmark in the box next to each document to be delivered. The "Select All" button will automatically check all boxes.
- Click the "Show Order Form" button.
- Complete the Order Form with required fields.
Note: To order multiple copies, include in the Special Instructions box, the number requested and reason for nu mber (e.g., request 10 copies for distribution to company greenhouse locations).
- Click "Submit Order."
|Link to order a copy (if available)||
Title and EPA Reference Number
|Backyard Composting; It's Only Natural (PDF), 2 pages, March 2010, (EPA-530-F-09-026)|
|Reducing Greenhouse Gas Emissions through Recycling and Composting (PDF), 30 pages, May 2011, (EPA-910-R-11-003)|
|Biosolids Technology Fact Sheet, In-Vessel Composting of Biosolids (PDF), 9 pages, September 2000, (EPA-832-F-00-061)|
|"Greenscaping" Your Lawn and Garden (PDF) (8 pp, 958K), 8 pages, April 2003, (EPA 530-K-03-002)|
|Innovative Uses of Compost: Bioremediation and Pollution Prevention (PDF) (6 pp, 210K), 6 pages, October 1997, (EPA 530-F-97-042)|
|Innovative Uses of Compost: Disease Control for Plants and Animals (PDF) (4 pp, 121K), 4 pages, October 1997, (EPA 530-F-97-044)|
|Innovative Uses of Compost: Erosion Control, Turf Remediation, and Landscaping (PDF) (8 pp, 407K), 8 pages, October 1997, (EPA 530-F-97-043)|
|Innovative Uses of Compost: Reforestation, Wetlands Restoration, and Habitat Revitalization (PDF) (4 pp, 188K), 4 pages, October 1997, (EPA 530-F-97-046)|
|Summary of Markets for Compost , 8 pages, November 1993, (EPA 530-SW-90-073B)|
|Tribal Composting Nourishes Land and Tradition (PDF) (28 pp, 981KB) , 28 pages, June 2005, (EPA 530-N-05-001)|
|* These documents can not be faxed to you due to their length. Hard copies can either be downloaded from the web or mailed to you.|
To request any document on this page, note the
document number and call
1 888 663 2155, or print this document, mark your selections, and send or fax to:
The National Agriculture Compliance Assistance Center
901 North Fifth Street
Kansas City, KS 66101
Fax: (913) 551 - 7270