TECHNICAL PRODUCT BULLETIN: B-65
USEPA, OIL PROGRAM CENTER
LISTING DATE: MAY 18, 2011
(aka, TRAILZORB, WHITZORB)
|I. NAME, BRAND, OR TRADEMARK|
Type of Product: Bioremediation Agent (Biological Additive: Microbiological Culture)
|II. NAME, ADDRESS, AND TELEPHONE NUMBER OF MANUFACTURER/CONTACT|
P.O. Box 637
22 Plains Drive
Buffalo, WY 82834
Phone: (307) 684-9340
Fax: (307) 684-5815
(Mr. Dale Lee)
|III. NAME, ADDRESS, AND TELEPHONE NUMBER OF PRIMARY DISTRIBUTORS|
|IV. SPECIAL HANDLING AND WORKER PRECAUTIONS FOR STORAGE AND FIELD APPLICATION|
|1. Flammability: DUALZORB® is classified as non-flammable by DOT regulations (49 CFR 173. 124)
2. Ventilation: DUALZORB® is not volatile and does not require ventilation.
3. Skin and eye contact; protective clothing; treatment in case of contact: Avoid eye contact due to mechanical abrasion. In case of eye contact, immediately flush eyes with large amounts of water until particles are evacuated. Goggles are recommended during use.
4.a. Maximum storage temperature: 200°F continuous
4.b. Minimum storage temperature: NA
4.c. Optimum storage temperature range: 32°F to 100°F
4.d. Temperatures of phase separation and chemical changes: DUALZORB® should be stored out of the weather and should not be exposed to direct sun light for extended periods of time.
|V. SHELF LIFE|
|Guaranteed shelf life of unopened product is 5 years if not exposed to weather or direct sunlight.|
|VI. RECOMMENDED APPLICATION PROCEDURE|
|DUALZORB® is a dehydrated product that must be hydrated for maximum effectiveness to bioremediate hydrocarbons in soil and water. Hydration can be accomplished with fresh or sea water. Additionally, it can be applied on a surface and hydrated with natural precipitation.
1. Application Method: This product can be applied by hand, mechanical spreaders, portable mixer or blown onto a surface using an air conveyor. Mix hydrated DualZorb® with oil contaminated soil, sand, or rocks by either hand, shovel or till into the soil with power equipment. DUALZORB® will absorb approximately 80% of the oil from soil and sand in the first 2 hours of application, with continued bioremediation of oil. The bioremediation effect of this product is not affected by water salinity, temperature, or oil type and age. However, the oil absorption capacity is reduced in the presence of salt water as it will also absorb salts. For hard surface stains and cleanup, hydrated product can be rubbed by hand over the surface until it will no longer absorb oil. Place the spent product in an approved, labeled container in accordance with local, state, federal, international, or country specific regulations. Depending upon the compound(s) absorbed, this product may be disposed in a landfill, incinerated, or land farmed. This product has a heat value of 8421Btu/pound and an ash content of 0.35%. For in situ applications, the hydrated DUALZORB® can be tilled into the contaminated soil.
2. Concentration/Application Rate: DUALZORB® is packaged in a dehydrated form and expands three times its original volume when rehydrated with either fresh or 1.5 times with salt water. This product should be mixed on a 1:1 volume basis with hydration water. For every 1 gallon of oil, 4 pounds of DUALZORB® is recommended. For in situ applications, 50 pounds of hydrated DUALZORB® is recommended per cubic yard of soil.
3. Conditions for Use: DUALZORB® is manufactured for land use and will absorb hydrocarbon, waste oil, and fuel spills. DUALZORB® is not affected by cold water but may require additional contact time.
|VII.TOXICITY AND EFFECTIVENESS|
Bioremediation Agent Effectiveness Test (40 CFR 300.900), Federal Register September 15, 1994:
Summary Data Table
Results of Gravimetric Analysis:
Percentage (%) Decrease in Weight of Oil on Day 28
Product (BET BIOPETRO): 30.0%
|VIII. MICROBIOLOGICAL ANALYSIS|
|1. Listing of all microorganisms by species and percentages in the composition: CONFIDENTIAL
2. Optimum pH, temperature, and salinity ranges for use of the additive:
Temperature: 60°F to 100°F
3. Minimum and maximum pH, temperature, and salinity levels below or above which the effectiveness of the additive is reduced to half its optimum capacity:
Temperature: 45°F and 105°F
4. Special nutrient requirements: LBI Renewable recommends nutrient supplement s of maximum performance for bioremediation or in-situ applications. Contact LSI Renewable for project specific nutrient dosing.
5. Test results regarding the determination of the presence of the following:
Fecal coliform: Negative
Staphylococcus Coagulase positive: Negative
Beta hemolytic Streptococci: Negative
|IX. PHYSICAL PROPERTIES|
|1. Flash Point: NA
2. Pour Point: NA
3. Viscosity: NA
4. Specific Gravity: 2.25 g/mL
5. pH: NA
6. Surface Washing Agents: NA
7. Solvents: NA
8. Additives: None
9. Solubility: NA
|X. ANALYSIS FOR HEAVY METALS, CYANIDE, AND CHLORINATED HYDROCARBONS|