RMP*Comp is a free program you can use to complete the
offsite consequence analyses (both worst case scenarios and
alternative scenarios) required under the Risk
Management Program rule. When you use RMP*Comp, you
don't need to make any calculations by hand and the program
guides you through the process of making an analysis.
is a browser-based program that runs in Internet
Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari. The program can
also be downloaded for running without an Internet
connection. To obtain the download version, first run
the browser-based version of RMP*Comp, then choose the
Download link in the left panel.
For more information:
- Visit the RMP*Comp Frequent
- Superfund, TRI, EPCRA, RMP & Oil Information Center can help you get answers to policy questions (applicability, exemptions, coverage) about the Risk Management Program and a variety of federal EPA regulations.
- RMP Reporting Center can answer technical (software/hardware) questions about RMP*Comp and RMP*Submit.
- NOAA's Chemical Spills page provides information on CAMEO and ALOHA and other tools related to accidental release prevention and preparedness.
- Using CAMEO tools for RMP explains why RMP*Comp and ALOHA are appropriate tools for RMP consequence analyses, while CAMEO is not.