Responsibilities - Award Phase
The Recipient's Responsibilities Upon Notification of the Award:
- Review the Assistance Agreement Award document and attached terms and conditions;
- Contact the EPA Grants Specialist if you have any questions or concerns;
- Sign the Agreement and return it to the EPA Grants Specialist within three weeks of receipt (do not make any changes, EPA can issue a corrected agreement);
- Retain a copy of the Agreement in your files;
- Begin work on your project, complying with the terms and conditions of the Agreement;
- Inform the EPA Project Officer if problems arise that jeopardize the completion of the project;
Communicate regularly with the EPA Project Officer on technical issues and the Grants Specialist on administrative issues (don't ask for help after the fact).
The EPA Project Officer Responsibilities:
- Monitor all activities and the recipient's progress on the project;
- Review progress reports to ensure the recipient is performing the work as agreed and approved in the application;
- Provide technical assistance to the recipient;
- Respond to questions or concerns raised by the Grant Specialists;
- Serves as the focal point for programmatic and technical issues;
- Ensure completion of EPA's programmatic terms and conditions if supported as a cooperative agreement and;
- Maintain documentation.
EPA Grant Specialists Responsibilities include:
- Plan oversight reviews of recipient's management of assistance agreements;
- Focal point for administrative issues.
Table of Contents