Label Requirements for Farm Premise Disinfectants
DIS/TSS-18 / Jan. 17, 1989
LABEL REQUIREMENTS FOR FARM PREMISE DISINFECTANTS
Directions For Use
The following label directions are required for farm premises disinfectants to permit their classification as non-food use products:
- Do not use in milking stalls, milking parlors, or milk houses (for phenolics, cresylic acid, and pine oils).
- Remove all animals and feed from premises, vehicles, and enclosures.
- Remove all litter and manure from floors, walls and surfaces of barns, pens, stalls, chutes, and other facilities and fixtures occupied or traversed by animals.
- Empty all troughs, racks, and other feeding and watering appliances.
- Thoroughly clean all surfaces with soap or detergent and rinse with water.
- Saturate all surfaces with the recommended disinfecting solution for a period of 10 minutes.
- Immerse all halters, ropes, and other types of equipment used in handling and restraining animals, as well as forks, shovels, and scrapers used for removing litter and manure.
- Ventilate buildings, cars, boats, and-other closed spaces. Do not house livestock or employ equipment until treatment has been absorbed, set, or dried.
- Thoroughly scrub all treated feed racks, mangers, troughs, automatic feeders, fountains, and waterers with soap or detergent, and rinse with potable water before reuse. DIS/TSS-18 17 Jan. 80 D DIS/TSS-18