Label Requirements for Poultry House Disinfectants
DIS/TSS-19 / Jan 17, 1980
LABEL REQUIREMENTS FOR POULTRY HOUSE DISINFECTANTS
Directions For Use
The following label directions are required for poultry house disinfectants to permit their classification as non-food use products:
- Remove all poultry and feeds from premises, trucks, coops, and crates.
- Remove all litter and droppings from floors, walls and surfaces of facilities occupied or traversed by poultry.
- Empty all troughs, racks, and other feeding and watering appliances.
- Thoroughly clean all surfaces with soap or detergent and rinse with water.
- Saturate surfaces with the recommended disinfecting solution for a period of 10 minutes.
- Ventilate buildings, coops, and other closed spaces. Do not house poultry or employ equipment until treatment has been absorbed, set, or dried.
- Thoroughly scrub treated feed racks , troughs, automatic feeders, fountains, and waterers with soap or detergent, and rinse with potable water before reuse.