Pesticide News Story: FY 2009 Annual Report on Implementing the Pesticide Registration Improvement Renewal Act (PRIA 2) Available on Web Site
For Release: February 25, 2010
The 2009 annual report on the pesticide registration service fee program is available on EPA’s Web site as required by the Pesticide Registration Improvement Renewal Act (PRIA 2). This detailed report describes EPA’s activities and accomplishments during Fiscal Year 2009 in implementing PRIA 2 and includes:
- A financial summary that describes the fees collected (including a breakdown of the amount of fees waived and exempted) and how these fees were spent to process registration, reregistration and registration review actions, inert ingredient approval applications, and set-asides.
- A list of organizations funded with the $2.25 million of PRIA registration fees set aside to support worker protection and partnership grants and their accomplishments.
- Accomplishments of the product reregistration and registration review programs and efforts to improve and streamline these processes.
- Improvements in the Agency’s pesticide science review and assessment processes.
- The Agency’s timeliness in processing Fast Track Amendments and in meeting the timeframes for antimicrobial products in FIFRA section 3(h).
- Information on the number of actions completed and pending, the average length of time the Agency took to make a decision on a pesticide registration action covered by PRIA 2 and the number of actions receiving a due date extension and the reasons for the extension.
- Status of the Agency’s efforts to encourage applicants to submit applications electronically allowing the Agency to review these applications and labels electronically.
PRIA 2 was effective October 1, 2007. This is the second annual report under PRIA 2. To view PRIA annual reports, visit the Web site.