Pesticide News Story: Now Available: FY 2010 Annual Report on Implementing the Pesticide Registration Improvement Renewal Act
For Release: March 3, 2011
The 2010 annual report required by the Pesticide Registration Improvement Renewal Act (PRIA 2) is available on EPA's website. This detailed report describes EPA activities and accomplishments during Fiscal Year 2010 in implementing PRIA 2 and includes:
- A financial summary that describes the fees collected (including a breakdown of the amounts waived and exempted) and how these fees were spent to process registration, reregistration and registration review, inert ingredient approval applications, and set-asides;
- A list of organizations funded with the $2 million in PRIA registration fees set aside to support worker protection and partnership grants and their accomplishments;
- Accomplishments of the product reregistration and registration review programs and efforts to improve and streamline these processes;
- A discussion of the Agency's efforts with stakeholders to improve the quality of applications;
- Improvements in the Agency's pesticide science review and assessment processes;
- The Agency's timeliness in processing Fast Track Amendments and in meeting the timeframes for antimicrobial products under FIFRA Section 3(h);
- Information on the number of actions completed and pending, the average amount of time that the Agency took to make a decision on a pesticide registration action covered by PRIA 2 and the number of actions with, and the reasons for, a due date extension; and
- A list of all of the PRIA actions completed in FY 2010 (presented in an Excel spreadsheet).
PRIA 2 went into effect on October 1, 2007. This is the third annual report under PRIA 2. To view the report, see http://www.epa.gov/pesticides/fees/2010annual_report/pria_annual_report_2010.pdf.