Draft Guidelines for
Standards & Ecolabels
3/19/2015 Federal Register Notice - EPA seeks comment on pilot panel member criteria by April 20. Also, interested standard and ecolabel organizations may volunteer to be assessed and/or submit comments on the Information Collection Request until May 18.
Read more about the EPA's response to public comments.
Environmentally Preferable Purchasing (EPP) helps the federal government "buy green," and in doing so, uses the federal government's enormous buying power to stimulate market demand for green products and services. Geared first to help federal purchasers, this site can help green vendors, businesses large and small -- and consumers. Use the easy index to:
- Find and evaluate information about green products and services;
- Identify federal green buying requirements;
- Calculate the costs and benefits of purchasing choices;
- Manage green purchasing processes.
Sections of the site most useful to consumers include: finding and evaluating green products and services; tools and related links.
- EPA's Final Guidance on Environmentally Preferable Purchasing
- Executive Orders
- Federal Acquisition Regulation
- EPA's Green Purchasing Guides
- Green Product and Service Standards