This page will provide a brief guide to the Clearinghouses, Dockets, Hotlines, and other resources that make up OPPTS' and EPA's information distribution system. The EPA Library Network Home Page also contains a listing of all EPA Libraries with contact information.
Hotlines, Clearinghouses, and Frequent Questions about the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA)
This is a listing of free document distribution and/or telephone services which provide specific information and publications to the public on OPPT programs and regulations.
- OPPT-related Clearinghouses and Hotlines
- TSCA Hotline at 202-554-1404 -- also known as the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) Assistance Information Service
- National Lead Information Center (NLIC) (1-800-424-LEAD)
- Pollution Prevention Information Clearinghouse (PPIC) (202-566-0799)
- RCRA/UST/EPCRA Hotline (1-800-424-9346) - The Resource Conservation and Recovery Act / Underground Storage Tanks / Emergency Preparedness and Community Right-to-Know Act Hotline distributes hardcopy versions of the Toxics Release Inventory's Annual Data Release Report, along with other materials.
- Small Business Ombudsman Hotline (1-800-368-5888) - Source for information and publications about TSCA and other EPA programs geared toward Small businesses.
- TSCA Frequent Questions
- All EPA Clearinghouses and Hotlines
Dockets are responsible for maintaining the Administrative (Public) Records related to the Agency's rulemaking process on EPA regulations and Program areas. For more information, see EPA's Federal Register site.
- TSCA Nonconfidential Information Center (NCIC) (202-566-0280)
- General information and listings of EPA Dockets
Most of the Regional, Headquarters, and Laboratory Libraries in the EPA Library Network offer some level of public access service.
Other EPA Resources, Organized by Topic
Browse a list of EPA Topics organized into broad categories to find information on a wide variety of environmental topics from EPA.