All EPA financial assistance recipients are required to report to the Agency on their efforts to comply with the DBE Program requirements. This is how we evaluate and ensure the effectiveness of, and compliance with, the program's requirements. Recipients are required to report either annually or semi-annually depending on the type of grant received.
Who Reports Annually?
- Recipients of Continuing Education Program Grants under 40 CFR Part 35, Subpart A;
- Recipients under 40 CFR Part 35, Subpart B;
- General Assistance Program (GAP) grants for tribal governments and intertribal consortia; and
- Institutions of higher education, hospitals and other non-profit organizations receiving financial assistance agreements under 40 CFR Part 30.
Who Reports Semi-Annually?
- Recipients of financial assistance agreements that capitalize revolving loan funds; and
- All other recipients not specified as "annual reporters".
What are the Grant Recipient's Responsibilities for MBE/WBE Reporting?
- Complete and submit EPA Form 5700-52A (PDF) (5 pp, 290K, About PDF) for each reporting period at a frequency specified in the grant agreement, to the appropriate EPA office and personnel as identified in the financial assistance agreement.
Microsoft Word version: 5700-52A Reporting Form (MS Word) (5 pp, 77K)
- Collect and retain data on MBE, WBE, and Total Procurement expenditures from all sources (the EPA grant recipient, sub-recipients, loan recipients (and the prime contractors of all three entities) made for the grant project.
What are the Reporting Due Dates?
- Annual Reporters: Submit their completed EPA Form 5700-52A to EPA within 30 days of the end of the annual reporting period (October 30th).
- Semi-Annual Reporters: Submit the completed EPA Form 5700-52A to EPA within 30 days of the end of the semiannual reporting period (April 30th and October 30th).