A lot of what you do everyday creates wasteeven driving your car! Have you ever wondered about what happens to the used oil that is drained from your car? Or, that old cell phone in your closet that you just replaced? Have you ever thought about what you could have done with it? The following resources will help you find solutions to solid waste problems that we all face everyday. By better understanding waste issues and changing your habits, you can be an environmental steward.
- Use products made with recycled materials
- Use energy-efficient light bulbs and rechargeable batteries
- Shop with cloth bags
- Reuse plastic bags, cups, containers, etc.
- Repair items instead of throwing them away.
- Compost your food and yard waste.