You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
- 2020 Corrective Action Baseline
- Federal Facilities
- Regional Information and Contacts
- Facility Databases
- Historical Record of the 2005, 2008, and 2020 Corrective Action Baselines
The EPA has set ambitious goals for the RCRA Corrective Action program by creating the 2020 Corrective Action Universe. This RCRA cleanup baseline includes 3,779 facilities expected to need corrective action. The 2020 universe contains a wide variety of sites. Some properties are heavily contaminated while others were contaminated but have since been cleaned up. Still others have not been fully investigated yet, and may require little or no remediation. Inclusion in the 2020 Universe does not necessarily imply failure on the part of a facility to meet its RCRA obligations.
The documents below list all facilities included in the 2020 Corrective Action Baseline. They also indicate which facilities have already met Final Remedy Construction. The company names found on these lists are the current facility owners, who may or may not have caused the contamination. There may be cases where a former owner has entered into an agreement to be responsible for the cleanup, but the database unfortunately cannot identify these instances. All data was retrieved from RCRAInfo as of April 22, 2013.
- 2020 Corrective Action Baseline sorted by location: region, state, county, city (PDF) (45 pp, 404 KB)
- 2020 Corrective Action Baseline sorted by facility name (PDF) (52 pp, 396 KB)
- Corrective Action Facilities in Google Earth (KML) - To display the 2020 Baseline,
download this KML file and open it in Google Earth
. Please note that the site locations are approximations.
Federal Facilities represent 5.3 percent (199 of 3,779) of the 2020 Corrective Action Baseline. A majority of these facilities are either Department of Defense (DoD) or Department of Energy (DOE) sites. The documents below list the federal facilities on the 2020 Corrective Action Baseline and are current as of May 2, 2013.
- Status of all federal facilities on the 2020 Corrective Action (PDF) (18 pp, 949 KB)
- Status of all DOD facilities on the 2020 Corrective Action Baseline (PDF) (15 pp, 975 KB))
- Status of all DOE facilities on the 2020 Corrective Action Baseline (PDF) (5 pp, 946 KB)
All ten EPA Regional Offices have Corrective Action websites, and they can be accessed through the Where You Live page. Many of these websites display more detailed information about individual facilities than that contained in EPA's national website. Most Regions list the Environmental Indicator (EI) status for all Regional facilities on the RCRA Cleanup Baseline. Some post actual EI forms and/or detailed facility fact sheets. Regional contacts are posted for your convenience.
|Region 1 (CT, ME, MA, NH, RI, VT)||Facility Information||Contacts|
|Region 2 (NJ, NY, PR, VI)||Facility Information||Contacts|
|Region 3 (DC, DE, MD, PA, VA, WV||Facility Information||Contacts|
|Region 4 (AL, FL, GA, KY, MS, NC, SC, TN)||Facility Information||Contacts|
|Region 5 (IL, IN, MI, MN, OH, WI)||Facility Information||Contacts|
|Region 6 (AR, LA, NM, OK, TX)||Facility Information||Contacts|
|Region 7 (IA, KS, MO, NE)||Facility Information||Contacts|
|Region 8 (CO, MT, ND, SD, UT, WY)||Facility Information||Contacts|
|Region 9 (AZ, CA, HI, NV)||Facility Information||Contacts|
|Region 10 (AK, ID, OR, WA)||Facility Information for AK, ID, OR, WA||Contacts|
- Envirofacts - A single point of access to select U.S. EPA data, Envirofacts provides access to several EPA databases to provide you with information about environmental activities that may affect air, water, and land anywhere in the United States. With Envirofacts, you can learn more about these environmental activities in your area, or you can generate maps of environmental information.
- Cleanups in My Community - You may search for hazardous waste cleanup sites by address, city, county, state, zip code, watershed, or latitude/longitude coordinates. The website provides maps and cleanup progress profiles of sites within your search area that are being cleaned up, or have been cleaned up, under the RCRA Corrective Action, Superfund, and Brownfields programs.
- RCRAInfo - RCRAInfo is EPA's comprehensive information system for data supporting the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) of 1976 and the Hazardous and Solid Waste Amendments (HSWA) of 1984. The database tracks the activities of facilities that generate, treat, store, or dispose of RCRA hazardous waste. Flat files provided to Envirofacts can also be downloaded free of charge from EPA's publicly accessible FTP server.