RCRA Cleanup Reforms
Since 1984, EPA and other authorized states have made considerable progress in implementing the Corrective Action requirements. Despite the progress made, states, environmental groups, and the regulated community have raised concerns, including: slow progress in achieving cleanup or other environmental results; an emphasis on process and reports over actual work in the field; unrealistic, impractical or overly conservative cleanup goals; and lack of meaningful public participation.
Because of various reasons raised by many stakeholders, the Agency believes that it is time for a fundamental re-evaluation of its Corrective Action Program. This re-evaluation comes in the form of the RCRA Cleanup Reforms.
- RCRA Cleanup Reforms 2 Fact Sheet - Fostering Creative Solutions (2001) (PDF) (4 pp, 118K, About PDF)
- RCRA Cleanup Reforms 1 Fact Sheet - Faster, Focused, More Flexible Cleanups (1999) (PDF) (4 pp, 28K, About PDF)
- Enforcement Approaches for Expediting RCRA Corrective Action (2001) (PDF) (22 pp, 1.0MB, About PDF)
- Schedule Announced for RCRA Corrective Action Guidance Documents - March 24, 2000
- RCRA Cleanup Reforms Success Stories
- RCRA Showcase Pilots