National Clean Diesel Campaign (NCDC)
2014 School Bus Rebate Program
- DERA Grants
- DERA Rebates
- DERA State Funding
- DERA Projects
- Funding Sources
2014 School Bus Replacement Rebate Timeline
As part of the Diesel Emission Reduction Program (DERA), EPA is offering rebates to both public and private fleets for clean diesel projects. The rebate program is targeting the replacement of older school buses. For this 2014 School Bus Replacement Funding Opportunity, $3 million has been reserved. Applications must be received by November 17, 2014 at 4 p.m. EST.
| Rebate Application Period Opens
Please read Program Guide before submitting Application.
2014 School Bus Replacement Rebate Program Guide (PDF)
(21 pp, 1.12MB, EPA-420-B-14-065, October 2014, About PDF)
Rebate Application & Instructions (PDF) (3 pp, 401K, October, 2014, About PDF)
|October 15, 2014|
|Rebate Information Webinar will cover details of the program
and include a question and answer session. Link to Webinar
Audio call-in: 470-200-0302 Access code: 228-750-740#
Webinar Slides (PDF) (20 pp, 93K, October 22, 2014)
|Wednesday, October 22, 2014
1 - 2 p.m. EDT
|Rebate Application Period Closes||November 17, 2014, 4 p.m. EST|
|Anticipated Notification of Selection||December 2014|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Section 1: Background
- Section 2: Eligible Applicants
- Section 3: Eligible Vehicles
- Section 4: Funding Amounts
- Section 5: Application
- Section 6: Selection
- Section 7: Notification
- Section 8: Purchase Order Submittal
- Section 9: Vehicle Delivery
- Section 10: Scrappage
- Section 11: Request for Payment
- Section 12: Payment
- Section 13: Cancellation of Application
- Appendix A: Sample Rebate Application for a Public School District
- Appendix B: Sample Rebate Application for a Private Fleet Owner
- Appendix C: Letter Template for State-Owned Buses
- Appendix D: Rebate Application Checklist
- Appendix E: Sample Scrappage Photos
- Appendix F: Sample Scrappage Certification Letter
- Appendix G: Terms and Conditions
EPA will accept application packages for the Rebate Program at CleanDieselRebate@epa.gov from October 15, 2014 through 4 p.m. EST on November 17, 2014.
- Applicants must submit:
- Rebate Application (PDF) (3 pp, K, October 2014) Limit ONE application for up to a maximum of FIVE buses
- A copy of the title and registration for each bus to be replaced
- EPA will review all applications submitted to ensure eligibility requirements are met.
- From the eligible applications, EPA will randomly select applications for funding using a random number generator.
- EPA will reserve rebate funds for applicants in the order in which they are selected, until all available funding has been reserved. Note that funds are reserved, but not awarded to the selected applicants at this stage.
- Once the selections have been made, EPA will notify all applicants of their status and post the selection results on this web page.
- Selected applicants will be sent a Selection Letter confirming the amount reserved and terms and conditions that must be met in order to receive payment.
- Applicants who are not selected will be notified of their wait list status. Wait listed applicants may be selected in the future if a previously selected applicant does not complete the required terms and conditions of the program.
- Ineligible applicants will be notified by letter.
- Selected applicants must complete the following steps to receive reimbursement:
- Within 90 days of the date of the Selection Letter, the selectee must submit a purchase order for new school buses. Note: The date of the purchase order cannot pre-date the date of the Selection Letter.
- Within nine months of the date of the Selection Letter, the selectee must:
- Accept delivery of new buses AND scrap old buses and,
- Submit "Payment Request" form AND scrappage documentation.
- EPA will review the submitted information and determine if all terms and conditions have been met. Once that determination has been made, EPA will electronically issue the rebate funds to the selectee.
- Selectees who fail to complete the required terms and conditions of the program in the time frame above will forfeit all reserved funds.
For complete information, read the Program Guide before submitting your Application.
E-mail questions about the School Bus Rebate Program to CleanDieselRebate@epa.gov and type "Rebate Program Question" in the subject line.