National Clean Diesel Campaign (NCDC)
DERA National Funding Assistance Program
- DERA Grants
- DERA Rebates
- DERA State Funding
- DERA Projects
- Funding Sources
FY 2015 Request for Proposals (RFP) – Coming Soon
EPA is preparing for the release of the FY15 National Clean Diesel Funding Assistance Program RFP in the spring of 2015, and anticipates that approximately $12-14 million will be offered under this funding opportunity. Priority will be given to proposals which demonstrate, among other factors:
- Diesel emission reductions from engines involved in goods movement;
- Diesel emission reductions in areas of poor air quality;
- Project outcomes that benefit the community; and
- Community engagement and partnerships in the development and implementation of the project.
Eligible entities include regional, state, local or tribal agencies (or intertribal consortia) or port authorities with jurisdiction over transportation or air quality, and nonprofit organizations or institutions that: a) represent or provide pollution reduction or educational services to persons or organizations that own or operate diesel fleets or b) have, as their principal purpose, the promotion of transportation or air quality.
The 2014 grant recipients have been announced.
Tools & Resources for Applicants
- Technology Tips: Diesel Emissions Reduction Program (DERA): Technologies, Fleets and Projects Information (PDF) (36 pp, 1.3MB, EPA-420-P-11-001, October 2011)
- “Preparing your DERA Grant Application: What You Need to Know”
National Clean Diesel Campaign and successful grant recipients provide tips on how to improve your grant application in a web conference presentation (webinar).
- Tips for a Successful Diesel Retrofit Project (7 pp, 500K, EPA-420-B-13-025, April 2013)
Based on over ten years of experience, the National Clean Diesel Campaign has compiled tips to help you get started and avoid common mistakes.
Previously Funded Projects
DERA National Projects
List of Projects funded through the Diesel Emissions Reduction Act (DERA) or the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA)
DERA Tribal Grant Program
Tribal Projects funded through the Diesel Emissions Reduction Act (DERA) or the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA)
Reporting Templates for Grantees
- Quarterly Reporting Template (Excel) (200K, March 2014)
- Final Reporting Template, Part 1 (Word) (100K, March 2014)
- Final Reporting Template, Part 2 (Excel) (200K, March 2014)