National Clean Diesel Campaign (NCDC)
- Clean School Bus
- Ports & Marine
- Clean Construction
- Clean Agriculture
EPA’s Clean Agriculture is an innovative program to help farmers, ranchers, and agribusinesses reduce emissions from older diesel engines currently in use. Because these engines can last 20 to 30 years and are not subject to EPA’s emissions standards for new diesel engines, they will continue to emit harmful pollutants until they are retired.
Reducing exposure to diesel exhaust is important for public health and the environment. Clean Agriculture provides fleet managers, equipment owner and operators, and farmers a variety of strategies for reducing emissions, including idle-reduction practices that save money while reducing fuel consumption and emissions.
In addition, EPA offers funding for diesel emission reduction programs. In January 2011, President Obama signed legislation reauthorizing DERA funding to eligible entities for projects that reduce emissions from existing diesel engines. Appropriations are determined by Congress on an annual basis.
- Clean Agriculture USA - Cleaner Air Over Greener Fields (PDF) (2 pp, 500K, EPA-420-F-10-017, August 2010, About PDF)
- San Joaquin Valley Agriculture Engine Replacements, a Clean Diesel project
- Utah Agriculture Idle Reduction, Engine & Equipment Replacements, a Clean Diesel project
- EPA's Clean Diesel Regional Collaboratives
- EPA's Agriculture website highlights the commitment to a strong partnership with the agriculture community for the protection of human health and the environment. It offers comprehensive, easy-to-understand information about environmental stewardship on farms and ranches, as well as approaches that are commonsense, flexible and agriculturally sound.
- USDA’s Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) works with landowners through conservation planning and assistance designed to benefit the soil, water, air, plants, and animals that result in productive lands and healthy ecosystems.
- Diesel Technology Forum: Farming, Mining, & Construction