Fuels and Fuel Additives
Renewable Fuels: EPA Moderated Transaction System (EMTS)
Meetings and Presentations
- Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS) Home
- Regulations & Standards
- Compliance Help
- Moderated Transaction System
EPA has created a number of instructional presentations on EPA Moderated Transaction System (EMTS). These presentations provide general information and specific features of EMTS in a video format. Selecting a presentation will open a Flash video in a new window in your Internet browser. All presentations are Closed Captioned (see Flash playbar diagram for instructions on how to view Closed Captioning). To view slides without audio, click the "Slide Presentation Only" links to download PDFs of the presentation slides (where available).
EMTS User Group Presentations
- EMTS User Group Presentation March 12, 2013 (12 minutes, March 2013)
EMTS Document Changes
- This presentation covers the changes made to EMTS document.
- EMTS Document Changes (5 minutes, August 2011)
EMTS Quarterly Reports Presentation
- This presentation is broken into five sections and covers how to create your XML file for use with EMTS.
- Preparing Your XML Files for the EMTS (5 minutes, May 2010)
- Mapping Your Data to the Domain Model (9 minutes, May 2010)
- Data Requirements (8 minutes, May 2010)
- Constructing the XML File (8 minutes, May 2010)
- Summary and Resources (2 minutes, May 2010)
EMTS Conversion Tool (ECT) Presentation
- This presentation covers how to use both the advanced and basic versions of the EMTS Conversion Tool (ECT).
- EMTS Conversion Tool Presentation (15 minutes, April 2010)
EMTS Node Presentations
- This presentation covers how to configure your node to interact with EMTS.
- Part 1 - What is a Node? (9 minutes, August 2010)
- Part 2 - Authorization and Permissions (3 minutes, August 2010)
- Part 3 - Submitting via a Node (11 minutes, August 2010)
- Part 4 - Submitting via a Node Client or the EMTS Website (10 minutes, August 2010)
- Part 5 - Using the ETMS Publishing Flow to retrieve documents (12 minutes, September 2010)
- Part 6 - Demonstration of EMTS Web Service Methods (14 minutes, March 2011)
- Part 7 - EMTS Notifications (4 minutes, March 2011)
- Part 8 - Best Practices and Node Implementation Tips (13 minutes, March 2011)
- This presentation covers node outreach and provides a detailed discussion of how a user can interact with EMTS through the Exchange Network.
- EMTS Node Presentation (21 minutes, October 2009)
- Slide Presentation Only (PDF) (17 pp, 352K, February 26, 2010)
- This is a demonstration of how to use the CDX Web Node Client
- CDX Demo for EMTS (18 minutes, October 2009)
EMTS Technical Workshop
- EPA's Fuel Programs Support Group provided a technical workshop on EMTS to stakeholders on June 8, 2009. This workshop was a continuation of EPA's outreach in support of implementing fuels programs under Part 80, and was intended to provide technical details about EMTS and the Exchange Network, as well as to answer questions that came out of the February 2009 webinar in which EMTS was introduced. This technical workshop occurred just prior to the public hearing on the RFS2, which took place on June 9, 2009.
- Introduction to the EPA Moderated Transaction System and Timeline (15 minutes)
- Slide Presentation Only (PDF) (16 pp, 400K, June 2009)
- RFS2 NPRM EMTS Discussion (10 minutes)
- Slide Presentation Only (PDF) (17 pp, 470K, June 2009)
- Reporting Transactions to EMTS (5 minutes)
- Slide Presentation Only (PDF) (13 pp, 380K, June 2009)
- A Look into EMTS (18 minutes)
- Slide Presentation Only (PDF) (39 pp, 1.3MB, June 2009)
- XML File Submission (7 minutes)
- .NET Node Presentation (6 minutes)
- Slide Presentation Only (PDF) (10 pp, 160K, June 2009)
If you have questions or request information, please contact the appropriate support or help line found on the Support & Help page.
Please visit EPA's Transportation and Air Quality web-based repository of mobile source documents, Document Index System (DIS). This searchable repository contains regulations, Federal Register notices, policy letters, and guidance documents.
Please visit our Related Links page for other fuel related information within EPA, other U.S. Agencies, and other fuel related websites.