Fuels and Fuel Additives
Current CDX User
As a current CDX user, please do the following:
- Log into you CDX account at http://cdx.epa.gov/
- In your MYCDX screen, Select Edit Current Account Profiles
- Select Add New Program
- Select Fuels Programs Registration (OTAQREG) and then Add
- In the CDX Registration: Add Program ID screen enter N/A for program type and click Finish
- Select the “back” button to go back to the MyCDX screen
- You will be taken to eSignature Pin Verification Entry page. Follow the instructions on the page and press the “Save Answers” button
- On the thank you page click the “Continue” button to Continue
- In your MyCDX screen select OTAQREG: Fuels Programs Registration
- Your contact information will be brought over from CDX. In the “Edit User Profile” screen provide your position or job title and any other applicable information and click the “Save” button
- Select “Associate to Company” in the left side bar of the “OTAQ Registration Home” screen
- Search for the company in the Associate to Company Screen that you navigated to
- Associate with registered company (Please note, you may not edit the registration the first time you associate, only approved users may edit company information)
- In the event you are creating a new company, then create a new company, but only after you have made sure the company has not already been registered. Duplicate companies will
- After associating, click the “Select Roles” and select what roles you will have with the company. This step is very important. If you fail to select roles for a company then you will not be able to interact with OTAQREG and if applicable, the EPA Moderated Transaction System (EMTS) and the OTAQ:DCFUEL Fuels Programs Reporting System for the company being registered.
- OTAQ Registration (Pick One)
- Company Editor: Can edit and create registrations for the company
- Company Viewer: Can view company information, but not edit
- Limited Company Viewer may only see information that appears in the DCFUEL or EMTS systems
- OTAQ Program Roles (Select all that Apply)
- Cellulosic Biofuel Waiver Credits (Pay.gov) Submitter This role should only be selected if the company is registered as a gasoline or diesel refiner, or a non-renewable fuels importer
- DC Fuels Submitter, Title 40 CFR Part 80 Subpart I
- DC Fuels Submitter, Title 40 CFR Part 80 Subparts A, B, C, D, and F
- DC Fuels Submitter, Title 40 CFR Part 80 Subparts D, E, F, H, J, and L
- DC Fuels Submitter, Title 40 CFR Part 80 Subparts K and M
- DC Fuels Submitter, Title 40 CFR Part 98 Subpart LL
- DC Fuels Submitter, Title 40 CFR Part 98 Subpart MM
- EMTS Submitter
- EMTS Viewer
- Agent An agent is defined as any individual who is not a direct employee of the company, but may be delegated to perform limited functions for the company. Agents must visit the letters page(http://www.epa.gov/otaq/fuels/reporting/registration-letters.htm#letter6)
- If you electronically sign the document and your RCO has an account in CDX and is registered with that account as the RCO of the company in OTAQREG they may electronically sign your registration which means they will not have to mail in the registration forms. They will need to mail any supplemental information required for the registration. You will still need to mail in your Electronic signature agreement . If the RCO does not have the ability to electronically sign the registration then he/she will need to print and mail all forms and agreements
- If you print your forms for signature, be sure you sign the User Responsibility Letter and Electronic Signature Agreement (ESA) and your RCO fills out the proper delegation letter and mail the entire package to EPA at the appropriate address below
Registering companies and facilities through CDX is available for RFG & Anti-dumping registration under 40 CFR 80.76, Renewable Fuel Standard registration under 40 CFR 80.1150 and Motor Vehicle Diesel Fuel registration under 40 CFR 80.597. All three rules require initial registration prior to conducting regulated activities. Submit an updated registration form within 30 days of any change in previous registration information.
If you think you may already be registered, please visit the continuously updated Programs, Company and Facility ID Master List (XLS) (2.4M; Updated daily MS Excel reader )
Please follow the instructions above and mail the appropriate signed letters to EPA. Do not share accounts. CDX accounts are for individuals not companies, submitting information to the EPA using another person's name is a crime.
If your company hires a third party to create reports there is an option for them to submit for you via CDX. Please visit our CDX page for more information.
Submitting a registration through CDX does not constitute a complete registration. After submission, the forms must be printed and signed by a Responsible Corporate Officer and mailed to:
| Mail completed form to:
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
Fuels Programs Registration (6406J)
1200 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20460
| Commercial Delivery:
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
Fuels Programs Registration
Room 647C, 202-343-9038
1310 L Street, NW
Washington, DC 20005
Be aware that sending forms via US Mail will require an irradiation process and could possibly delay delivery.
Contact EPA Fuels Programs (firstname.lastname@example.org), telephone: 202-343-9755
If you have questions or request information, please contact the appropriate support or help line found on the Support & Help page.
Please visit EPA's Transportation and Air Quality web-based repository of mobile source documents, Document Index System (DIS). This searchable repository contains regulations, Federal Register notices, policy letters, and guidance documents.
Please visit our Related Links page for other fuel related information within EPA, other U.S. Agencies, and other fuel related websites.