Fuels and Fuel Additives
Renewable Fuel Standards: First Time CDX User Registering a New Company
NOTE: You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader, available as a free download, to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more about PDF, and for a link to the free Acrobat Reader.
If your company does not have any registered CDX users or is a company registering for the first time, please complete the following:
- Download the user guide (PDF) (104 pp, 4.7MB, EPA-420-B-13-048, September 2013)
- Create a CDX account at https://cdx.epa.gov/RegistrationRequest?Dataflow=OTAQREG
- Follow the prompts and read the information on each page to set up user account.
Once you have completed the initial set up:
- You will be prompted to access your email account. You will see a new message in your inbox from email@example.com. When the email arrives click the specified link in the e-mail to verify your e-mail address.
- After verifying your e-mail address, complete an Electronic Signature Agreement (ESA). You may either sign the ESA electronically by verifying your identity through EPA’s integrated third party identity proofing service, or you may mail a signed paper ESA to EPA using the addresses at the bottom of this page. Please note, mailing your ESA will add additional mailing and processing time to your registration.
- After signing or printing the ESA you will be presented with your MyCDX home screen. Click the “Fuels Programs Registration” link on your MyCDX home screen to access CDX OTAQREG.
- Follow the prompt to add a “Position or Job Title” to your User Profile.
- Select “Associate to Company” in the left side bar of the “OTAQ Registration Home” screen.
- Search for your company using the Search Criteria fields within the “Associate to Company” screen. Be broad in your search and note partial words are okay search terms. Start by using only one field to search. The more fields you use in your search, the fewer results you will receive.
- If you think your company may already be registered, please visit the continuously updated Programs, Company and Facility ID Master List (XLS) (2.4M, Updated daily MS Excel reader)
- If after searching for your company, you determine your company has not been registered with the Fuels Programs select the “Create New Company” button.
- You will be taken to the “Create New Company: Company Details” screen. Fill in all applicable information fields.
- If your Responsible Corporate Officer has a CDX account, please add his/her CDX user ID to the appropriate field. Adding the RCO’s CDX User ID to the RCO information will allow the RCO to electronically sign Company Association Requests and Company Update Requests.
- After adding the initial company information and selecting the “Next” button, click the “Company Editor” link in the “Select Roles” box and select which roles you will have with the company. This step is very important. If you fail to select roles for a company, you will be unable to interact with OTAQREG, and if applicable, the EPA Moderated Transaction System (EMTS) and the OTAQ:DCFUEL Fuels Programs Reporting System on behalf of the company being registered.
- OTAQ Registration (Pick One)
- Company Editor: This role has full viewing and editing rights to associated company and facility information.
- Company Viewer: This role has full read-only access to associated company and facility information.
- Limited Company Viewer: This role has limited read-only access to associated company and facility information. Users with this role will not be able to see RCO information. These users will also be limited to only basic facility information on the Facility Details page.
- OTAQ Program Roles (Select all that Apply)
- Cellulosic Biofuel Waiver Credits (Pay.gov) Submitter: Users should select this role if they are registering for the Cellulosic Biofuel Waiver Credits Pay.gov application to purchase cellulosic biofuel waiver credits on behalf of the company (This role should only be selected if the company registered as a gasoline or diesel refiner, or a non-renewable fuels importer).
- DC Fuels Submitter, Third Party Engineering Review: This role can only be selected with the Independent Third Party Engineer role detailed below.
- DC Fuels Submitter, Title 40 CFR Part 80 Subpart I: Users should select this role if they are registering to submit compliance reports for the following program: Motor Vehicle, Nonroad, Locomotive, and Marine Diesel Fuel.
- DC Fuels Submitter, Title 40 CFR Part 80 Subparts K and M: Users should select this role if they are registering to submit compliance reports for the following program: Renewable Fuel Standard.
- EMTS Viewer: User should select this role if they are requesting view-only access to the EMTS data flow.
- EMTS Submitter: Users should select this role if they are requesting both editing and submitting rights to EMTS.
- Agent: Users should select this role if they are an agent for a company (the definition of an agent is a person who is not a direct employee of the company).
- Independent Third Party Engineer: Users should select this role if they are an independent third party engineer registering to submit an engineering review update electronically. Be advised, selecting this role will override other role selections.
- OTAQ Registration (Pick One)
- Once you select all appropriate roles, click “Next” to review your association details.
- Depending on your company’s Program Types and Business Activities, you may be prompted to add a facility to your registration.
- On the next “Create New Company” screen, review the company information. Click the “Back” button if you need to change any information. Otherwise, click the “Continue” button.
- The system will present you with a pop-up screen reminding you to submit paperwork for your New Company Request; click “OK.”
- Click the “Print, Sign and Mail” or, if presented, the “Sign Electronically” button to submit your request.
- Click the link to save copies of your registration forms. You will need to print out these forms, have the RCO sign both the New Company Request and the included delegation letter for the requestor, and mail ALL pages of the document to one of the addresses provided below.
Please follow the instructions above and mail all pages, including signatures, to EPA. Do not share accounts. CDX accounts are assigned to individuals rather than to a company; submitting information to the EPA using another person's name is a crime.
If your company hires a third party to create reports there is an option for them to submit for you via CDX. Please visit our CDX page for more information.
Submitting a registration through CDX does not constitute a complete registration. After submission, the forms must be printed and signed by a Responsible Corporate Officer and mailed to one of the following addresses:
| For US Mail:
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
Fuels Programs Registration (6406J)
1200 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20460
| For Commercial Delivery:
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
Fuels Programs Registration
Room 647C, 202-343-9038
1310 L Street, NW
Washington, DC 20005
Be aware that forms sent via US Mail undergo an irradiation process that can potentially delay delivery.
For assistance, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have questions or request information, please contact the appropriate support or help line found on the Support & Help page.
Please visit EPA's Transportation and Air Quality web-based repository of mobile source documents, Document Index System (DIS). This searchable repository contains regulations, Federal Register notices, policy letters, and guidance documents.
Please visit our Related Links page for other fuel related information within EPA, other U.S. Agencies, and other fuel related websites.