Control of Emissions of Air Pollution from 2004 and Later Model Year Heavy-Duty Highway Engines and Vehicles
For a list of Heavy-Duty Highway regulations and standards, go to the Regulations and Standards page.
NOTE: You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader, available as a free download, to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more about PDF, and for a link to the free Acrobat Reader.
- Final Rule - Control of Emissions of Air Pollution from 2004 and Later Model Year Heavy-duty Highway Engines and Vehicles (published October 6, 2000)
- Fact Sheet: Final Emission Standards for 2004 and Later Model Year Highway Heavy-duty Vehicles and Engines (PDF) (4 pp, 12K, EPA420-F-00-026, July 2000)
- Preamble and Regulatory Text
- Regulatory Impact Analysis (PDF) (157 pp, 575K, EPA420-R-00-010, July 2000)
- Response to Comments (PDF) (152 pp, 460K, EPA420-R-00-011, July 2000)
- Proposed Rule - Control of Emissions of Air Pollution from 2004 and Later Model Year Heavy-duty Highway Engines and Vehicles; Revision of Light-duty Truck Definition (published October 1999)
- Extension of Comment Period: EPA extended the comment period to December 16, 1999 for all issues except for the proposal to revise the light-duty truck definition. Comments related to this issue, contained in the proposed rule Supplementary Information, Section IV.F, and in the proposed regulations at 86.1803-04, were accepted through December 2, 1999.
- Public Hearing Transcript (PDF) (241 pp, 316K)
- Press Release: Control of Emissions of Air Pollution From 2004 and Later Model Year Highway Engines and Vehicles; Revision of Light-duty Truck Definition
- Fact Sheet: Proposed Strategy to Reduce Emissions from Heavy Duty Vehicles (PDF) (4 pp, 17K, EPA420-F-99-034, October 1999)
- Preamble and Regulations (PDF) (434 pp, 936K)
- Regulatory Impact Analysis (PDF) (145 pp, 777K)