New Emission Standards for Heavy-Duty Diesel Engines Use in Trucks and Buses
For a list of Heavy-Duty Highway regulations and standards, go to the Regulations and Standards page.
NOTE: You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader, available as a free download, to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more about PDF, and for a link to the free Acrobat Reader.
October 1997 Final Rule - New Emission Standards for Heavy-duty Diesel Engines Used in Trucks and Buses
- Federal Register (Preamble and Regulatory Language): Control of Emissions of Air Pollution From Highway Heavy-Duty Engines; Final Rule (also available as a PDF file, 38 pp, 344K)
- Fact Sheet: New Emission Standards For Heavy-Duty Diesel Engines Used In Trucks and Buses (PDF) (4 pp, 14K, EPA 420-F-97-016, October 1997)
- Preamble and Regulation Language 93K WP5
- Summary and Analysis of Comments (PDF) (79 pp, 245K)
- Regulatory Impact Analysis (PDF) (143 pp, 502K)
- Regulatory Impact Analysis Figures:
- Estimated Economic Impact of New Emission Standards for Heavy-duty On-Highway Engines (PDF) (87 pp, 255K, EPA420-R-97-009, March 1997)