Training Materials for Two-Day Training Course for MOVES2010
For answers to users' questions on MOVES, see our "Frequent Questions" page.
To assist those learning to use MOVES2010, EPA and the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) are scheduling a series of MOVES hands-on training sessions at locations around the country. More information on those training sessions is given at MOVES2010 Training Sessions.
The training materials for this course consist of multiple presentations, spreadsheets, and MOVES input and output files, including MySQL databases. All of that material is included in this ZIP file.
Instructions for using the ZIP file:
- If you are attending the two-day MOVES2010 training course, copy the ZIP file to your computer and unzip it before you arrive.
- We recommend putting the unzipped folder on your desktop or some other place where it is easily accessible during the training course.
- Do not change the folder structure of the training materials as that will make it difficult to find the appropriate files during the course.
- During the course, we will be switching back and forth between the presentations, the MOVES interface, and the other files included. The presentations include slides that describe what to do during the hands-on exercises. We strongly recommend that course participants bring paper copies of the 6 presentations included in the MOVES2010 Training folder. This will facilitate learning the material and taking notes during the hands-on portions of the course.
The MOVES2010 Training folder contains 7 subfolders:
Adobe Acrobat Reader is available as a free download. See EPA's PDF page to learn more about PDF, and for a link to the free Acrobat Reader.
Free zip software is available at www.download.com
- Introduction: The presentation used for the Introduction to the course.
- County Inventory: The presentation and additional files used for the County Inventory portion of the course. Many of the additional files are included in 4 subfolders.
- Rates: The presentation and additional files used for the Emission Rates portion of the course.
- AVFT Retrofit: The presentation and additional files used for the AVFT/Retrofit portion of the course.
- Output: The presentation used for the Output portion of the course.
- Project: The presentation and additional files used for the Project Scale portion of the course.
- Original Converters: Spreadsheet files used to convert input files in MOBILE6.2 format to MOVES2010 format.
The ZIP file containing the course materials is here: MOVES2010 Course Materials (ZIP) (23 MB)