SmartWay Transport Partnership
Next Logistics Tool is Due
September 16, 2014
Calendar of SmartWay Due Dates
For a full calendar of all SmartWay Partner important dates, such as due dates and events, click here.
Joining SmartWay is as Easy as 1, 2, 3:
There are three steps to joining SmartWay as a logistics company partner:
- Review the Logistics Company Tool Guidance Documents which provide step-by-step guidance on completing your Tool submission.
- Download and Complete your Logistics Tool by entering your data fleet-level activity and operations data into the Logistics Tool.
- Send your completed Tool to SmartWay for approval.
That's it! Once you are approved as a SmartWay Partner, you will be listed on the SmartWay website and your customers will be able to find you in the carrier data files.
NOTE: To remain a SmartWay Partner in good standing, you MUST submit a new tool every year.
"You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more."
Ready to jump right in? Before downloading the LogisticsTool, take time to review the getting started guide, which includes a copy of the partnership agreement*.
- Logistics Company Partner 2.0.12 Tool: Quick Start Guide 2012 Data Year - United States Version (PDF) (EPA-420-B-13-030, July 2013, 38 pp, 1.05MB) Please review before downloading and using the tool.
Need more detailed information? The Logistics Company Tool Data Entry and Troubleshooting guide provides screen-by-screen, step-by-step
- Logistics Company Partner 2.0.12 Tool: Data Entry and Troubleshooting Guide 2012 Data Year - United States Version (PDF) (EPA-420-B-13-031, July 2013, 81 pp, 2.47M)
The next step in becoming a SmartWay partner is to enter your data in the Logistics Company Tool. User Guide 3 will help you with data entry and troubleshooting the tool.
Download your Logistics Tool, complete all fields, and submit for evaluation and approval.
Download the SmartWay Logistics Tool--2012 Data Year
(United States Version) Here (XLS) (August 2013, 8.42M)
DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS: To download the tool, you need to SAVE the file to a folder.
Opening the file in the browser instead of saving will render some features unavailable.
- Data Import/Export Guide—Importing Data into the SmartWay Logistics Tool (PDF)*
(EPA-420-B-13-029, July 2013, 20 pp, 808K)This is optional - for users that have large amounts of carrier data.
- SUBMITTING YOUR TOOL: Please follow the instructions in the tool for saving your file, then submit via email to email@example.com for evaluation.
*Note: EPA cannot provide technical support for preparing files for importing. Please work with your internal IT department to make sure data files are set up properly for import.
Download an example of the logistics tool (XLS) (7.7M)
Performance Ranking Information
- Logistics Partner 2.0.11 Tool: Technical Documentation 2012 Data Year - United States Version (PDF) (25 pp, 628K)
NOTE: You need to SAVE the file to a folder. To save, right click the link above and select "Save Target As" in Microsoft Explorer or "Save Link As" in Mozilla Firefox. Opening the file in the browser instead of saving will render some features unavailable.
The file is refreshed every Monday. (For reference purposes only)