State and Local Transportation Resources
Laws & Regulations
Use this page to access rulemakings, regulatory guidance, and related information on air quality and transportation matters.
Specific Transportation Topics
Following is an alphabetical list by topic that includes direct links to environmental regulations relevant to specific types of vehicles, other "mobile" sources of pollution, fuels, pollutants, and related topics.
- Cars and Light Trucks
- Clean Diesel Campaign
- Diesel Vehicles
- Diesel Boats and Ships
- Forklifts, Generators, and Compressors (Gasoline/Propane)
- Fuels and Fuel Additives
- Gasoline Boats and Personal Watercraft
- Idling Reduction
- Inspection & Maintenance
- Lawn and Garden (Small Gasoline) Equipment
- Mobile Source Air Toxics
- Nonroad Diesel Equipment
- Snowmobiles, Dirt Bikes, and ATVs
- Transportation Conformity
- Vehicle Standards and Regulations
General Air Quality & Transportation Topics
- EPA's Office of Air and Radiation Policy and Guidance
Provides regulators, the regulated community, and members of the general public with easy access to current and historical regulatory information on air quality, including rules and policy and guidance documents.
- EPA's Office of Transportation and Air Quality Federal Register Notices
Links to all federal register notices published since 1994 by EPA's Office of Transportation and Air Quality.
- U.S. Code of Federal Regulations
Links to the most current Code of Federal Regulations, a multi-volume set of documents that represents a codification of the all the permanent rules published by the executive departments and agencies of the U.S. federal government, including EPA.
- U.S. Department of Energy, Federal and State Incentives and Laws
Links to current information on federal and state tax incentives available to consumers who purchase alternatively fueled vehicles, including gasoline-electric hybrids.
- U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration Laws and Regulations
Links to all highway-related laws and regulations, including those pertaining to the environment.