Technical Assistance Programs (TAPs) provide businesses with cutting edge environmental management assistance and help identify and implement measures that reduce or eliminate pollution at its source. If your organization is attracted by environmental benefits, cost savings, and enhanced public image; contact a local TAP for voluntary onsite audits, planning assistance, training or other services. The list of resources on this page identifies Local and Regional technical assistance providers, in addition to web sites and case studies.
The Why Should You Care About Preventing Waste? brochure outlines P2 practices that can help small businesses cut waste and save resources.
REGIONAL POLLUTION PREVENTION RESOURCE GUIDE
GENERAL TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE
- Case Studies
- You will find two types of case studies here: Technical assistance case studies- which are specific to a company and manufacturing process and P2 Integration Case Studies - which are specific to Federal, State or Local government practices - that encourage industries to adopt P2 approaches in order to reduce pollutants in the air or water, or reduce the amount of hazardous waste, or encourage conservation of natural resources.
- Compliance Assistance Centers
- A source of compliance assistance and P2 information for agriculture, auto repair, chemical, printing, transportation, metal finishing, painting and coating, federal facilities, and other sectors.
- Environmental Management Systems
- An Environmental Management System (EMS) is a set of processes and practices that enable an organization to reduce its environmental impacts and increase its operating efficiency. This Web site provides information and resources related to EMS for businesses, associations, the public, and state and federal agencies.
- Internship Programs in P2
- Pollution Prevention Internships give participants the opportunity to gain vital career experience while helping to protect human health and the environment.
- Pollution Prevention Resource Exchange (P2Rx) Centers
- The Pollution Prevention Resource Exchange (P2Rx) is a consortium of eight regional pollution prevention information centers, funded in part through grants from EPA. These centers all provide pollution prevention information, networking opportunities and other services to States, local governments and technical assistance providers in their region.
- Topic Hubs
Topic Hubs™ are web-based guides to peer-reviewed pollution prevention information and expertise on a particular subject.
- P2RX National Programs Directory
This is an on-line tool for locating pollution prevention business assistance and services. Information in this directory is maintained by the P2Rx regional centers.
- Topic Hubs
- Sector Strategies Program
- A website that locates state-specific compliance and pollution prevention information for several key industry sectors.