You will find two types of case studies here:
Technical assistance case studies- which are specific to a company and manufacturing process.
P2 Integration Case Studies - which are specific to Federal, State or Local government practices - that encourage industries to adopt P2 approaches in order to reduce pollutants in the air or water, or reduce the amount of hazardous waste, or encourage conservation of natural resources.
Other Sources of Case Studies
North Carolina DENR Industry and Commercial Case Studies
DPPEA has compiled a collection of pollution prevention case studies from their office and other regional sources. This page allows you to search for case studies by SIC Code and industry sector, by pollution prevention category, or from a list of selected waste streams, processes and pollutants.
Technical Assistance Case Studies
- Region 6 Success Stories Database - Southwest Network for Zero Waste
Note: EPA no longer updates the following links, but the information they contain may be useful as a reference or resource.
P2 Integration Case Studies
EPA's Office of Pollution Prevention and Toxics (OPPT) has selected these 12 case studies from across the country to illustrate how pollution prevention approaches can be applied into traditional air, water, waste and toxics programs of State and Local government environmental protection agencies. In these case studies pollution prevention advocates worked with their agency partners can chart new pathways to achieving compliance. These results were produced without Federal grants.
- Colorado: The StEPP Foundation - A Strategy for making SEP Policies Work Nationally Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment
- Iowa Water Program Leads Regulatory Integration Efforts through a P2 in the Metal Finishing Sector Initiative
- Massachusetts Tracks Pollution Prevention in Enforcement Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection
- City of Albuquerque's Pretreatment Pollution Prevention Pilot Program Albuquerque Bernalillo County Water Department
- Ohio Pollution Prevention in Supplemental Environmental Projects Ohio Environmental Protection Agency
- Oklahoma Tax Credits for Hazardous Waste Source Reduction Oklahoma Department of Environmental Quality
- Puget Sound Clean Air Agency Diesel Solutions
- Washington Must Do P2: P2 in NPDES for the Oil Refinery Sector Washington Department of Ecology