You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.Announcements from PestWise Programs
PestWise Programs in the News
Office of Pesticide Programs Pesticide News Stories
Announcements from PestWise Programs
- 2/05/2014 - The Winter Edition of the EPA's PESPWire e-newsletter is released (13 pp, 3.1MB about PDF)
- 1/08/2014 - EPA Awards Almost Half a Million in Funding to Three Universities for Projects to Reduce Pesticide Risk Including Risks to Bees
- 12/02/2013 - Cornell University, through a Regional Agricultural IPM Grant from EPA Region 2, will be hosting a six-part webinar series on Pesticide Resistance Management in Greenhouses beginning December 12, 2013.
- 11/07/2013 - The Fall Edition of the EPA's PESPWire e-newsletter is released (14pp, 3.9MB about PDF)
- 06/14/2013 - EPA's Office of Pesticide Programs is soliciting proposals for 2013 School IPM Grants (20 pp, 150k, PDF) totaling approximately $700,000 for projectsfurther, through research, development, monitoring, public education, training, demonstrations, or studies, the adoption of verifiable IPM by the nation’s kindergarten to 12th grade public and tribal schools.
- 05/15/2013 - EPA's Office of Pesticide Programs is soliciting proposals for 2013 Regional Agricultural IPM Grants (23 pp, 235k, PDF) totaling $422,000 for projects that support IPM approaches to reduce pesticide risk in agriculture.
- 04/25/2013 - EPA and the National Pest Management Association will co-host the webinar, Understanding Bed Bugs in Schools, from 1-2 PM EDT.
- 03/19/2013 - EPA's Pesticide Environmental Stewardship Program releases the PESPWire Spring 2013 e-newsletter (9pp, 1.8MB about PDF)
- 02/11/2013 - EPA to host Webinar, Integrated Pest Management in Schools: Protecting Children in Schools from Pests and Pesticides, on March 6th, 2-3 PM EST as part of the Dept. of Education’s Green Strides webinar series. Register for this webinar that will cover how to establish a school IPM program and tips for practical application of school IPM strategies.
- 02/07/2013 - EPA's Pesticide Environmental Stewardship Program releases the Winter 2013 PESPWire e-newsletter (10pp, 1.3MB about PDF)
- 11/19/2012 - EPA releases its Strategic and Implementation Plan for School IPM (13pp, 234k about PDF)
- 11/02/2012 - EPA's Pesticide Environmental Stewardship Program releases the Fall 2012 PESPWire e-newsletter (13pp, 1.9MB about PDF)
- 04/06/2012 - EPA's Office of Pesticide Programs selects six projects to receive School IPM Grants
- 03/27/2012 - Congratulations 2012 PestWise awardees for their outstanding commitment to reducing pesticide risk!
- 03/27/2012 - EPA's Office of Children's Health Protection and Office of Pesticide Programs are sponsoring the free webinar, "IPM in Child Care Centers: Protecting Children from Pests and Pesticides" on April 24, 2012.
- 03/15/2012 - EPA's Pesticide Environmental Stewardship Program releases the Spring 2012 PESPWire e-newsletter (11pp, 2.1MB about PDF)
- 01/31/2012 - EPA makes available Integrated Pest Management In Buildings (PDF, 20 pp, 773KB), to help building managers understand how to implement and verify IPM services
PestWise Programs in the News
- 01/2014 - U.S. funds research to reduce use of pesticides harmful to bees
- 01/2014 - EPA issues grants to lower pesticide risk to bees
- 04/2012 - Loveland School District, CO Press Release on PestWise Award to the National Schools Demonstration Projects
PESPWire: An electronic bulletin featuring news and information of interest to PestWise members, partners and pesticide community stakeholders.
- Winter 2014 PESPWire (print version, 13 pp, 3.1MB about PDF)
- Fall 2013 PESPWire (print version, 14pp, 3.9MB about PDF)
- Summer 2013 PESPWire (print version, 13pp, 4.0MB about PDF)
- Spring 2013 PESPWire (print version, 9pp, 1.8MB about PDF)
- Winter 2013 PESPWire (print version, 10pp, 1.3MB about PDF)
- Fall 2012 PESPWire e-newsletter (print version, 13pp, 1.9MB about PDF)
- Summer 2012 PESPWire e-newsletter (print version, 10pp, 3.4MB about PDF)
- Spring 2012 PESPWire e-newsletter (print version, 11pp, 2.1MB about PDF)