More Information about Insect Repellents and Insect-borne Diseases
For more information about public health insect control in your area, contact your state or local health department or cooperative extension service. Other resources for information on public health, disease control, and mosquito control include the following:
- Infectious diseases carried by insects:
- Lyme disease - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- West Nile Virus disease - CDC
- Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever - CDC
- West Nile Virus Resource Guide - NPIC
- EPA Pesticide Environmental Stewardship Program (PESP) Partners:
- Lyme Disease Association (LDA) - Offers information about this non profit organization whose goals are education, prevention, and research funding. Includes articles on ticks, vaccines, and other useful information.
- American Mosquito Control Association (AMCA) - Organization enhancing the health and quality of life through the suppression of mosquitoes, other vectors and pests of public importance.