Chemical Review Manager: Jude Andreasen (email@example.com), 703-308-9342
9/11/2009: New Limitations on Pesticide Uses Will Protect Salmon - EPA has announced plans to place additional limitations on the use of three organophosphate pesticides -- chlorpyrifos, diazinon, and malathion -- to protect endangered and threatened salmon and steelhead in California, Idaho, Oregon and Washington.
- Documents related to EPA's review of this pesticide can be found in the following dockets:
- Risk assessment and related documents for this pesticide have been removed to Special Docket EPA-HQ-OPP-2007-0151.
- Visit Regulations.gov for information about other pesticide reregistration chemicals.
- Reregistration Eligibility Decision (RED)(PDF) (138 pp, 1.5 MB, about PDF) - July 2006
- Interim Reregistration Eligibility Decision (IRED)(PDF) (134 pp, 285k, about PDF)
EPA's Regulation of Diazinon
- Cancellation of Certain Agricultural Uses of Diazinon (Fact Sheet) - January 2007
- Diazinon consumer lawn care product sales ended December 31, 2004
- Diazinon Fact Sheet
- Notice to Retailers: Diazinon Consumer Products Phaseout and Stop Sale (PDF) (2 pp, 159 KB, about PDF)
- EPA eliminating all indoor uses of diazinon - December 5, 2000 News Release
Federal Register Notices
- Import Tolerances; Order Denying ABC's Petition to Revoke Import Tolerances for Various Pesticides - August 10, 2011
- Petition to Revoke Tolerances for 13 Pesticides; Notice of Availability [September 1, 2009] - comments accepted through November 2, 2009
- Modification of Pesticide Tolerance Revocation for Diazinon [November 26, 2008] - effective November 26, 2008
- Benfluralin, Carbaryl, Diazinon, Dicrotophos, Fluometuron, Formetanate Hydrochloride, Glyphosate, Metolachlor, Napropamide, Norflurazon, Pyrazon, and Tau-Fluvalinate; Tolerance Actions [September 10, 2008]
- Benfluralin, Carbaryl, Diazinon, Dicrotophos, Fluometuron, Formetanate Hydrochloride, Glyphosate, Metolachlor, Napropamide, Norflurazon, Pyrazon, and Tau-Fluvalinate; Proposed Tolerance Actions [May 21, 2008], comment period closed on July 21, 2008.
- Diazinon; Product Cancellation Order [July 25, 2007] - effective July 25, 2007
- Diazinon; Notice of Receipt of Request to Voluntarily Cancel Diazinon Pesticide Registrations [May 16, 2007], comment period closed on June 15, 2007
- Diazinon; Notice of Receipt of Requests to Voluntarily Amend Pesticide Registrations to Terminate Certain Uses [December 6, 2006], comment period closed on January 5, 2007
- Diazinon; Availability of Interim Reregistration Eligibility Decision Document for Comment; Reopening of Comment Period [December 11, 2002] - reopening of the comment period which closed on January 10, 2003
- Availability of Interim Reregistration Eligibility Decision Document for Comment [September 25, 2002] - comment period closed on November 25, 2002
- F.R. Notice Vol. 66, Number 21, Pages 8400-8401 - comment period closed on April 2, 2001
- F.R. Notice Vol. 65, Number 98, Pages 31902-31904 - comment period closed on July 18, 2000