School IPM Webinar Series
Are you a school facility manager, IPM Coordinator, building and grounds supervisor, nurse, administrator, or pest management professional? If so, you play a critical role in reducing the number of pests in your school and in minimizing the exposure of students and staff to pesticides.
To help you be better prepared to fill your role, EPA's Center of Expertise for School IPM is hosting a series of webinars on pest management topics of special interest to the school community. These webinars, which began in August 2014, feature presentations from pest management experts and professionals from the school community.
March 31, 2015 | 2 - 3:30 PM Eastern - Register Now!
This presentation discusses the challenges that large vertebrate pests present and some tried-and-true ways to deter them from your school buildings and grounds. The webinar will include a brief overview of Integrated Pest Management (IPM) and how the control of vertebrate mammals around schools should be a part of an overall IPM program. Specific problems with squirrels, raccoons, foxes, deer and feral cats will be discussed along with solutions to the difficulties caused by these opportunistic pests.
The featured speakers will be:
• Stephen Van Tassel, PhD, University of Nebraska, author, consultant and wildlife expert
• Mark Hardin, IPM Specialist of Howard Co. (Maryland) Public School System
• Marcia Anderson, Ph.D., EPA Center of Expertise for School IPM
Space is limited to the first 500 to register.
Please check back for additional information on these upcoming webinars:
- Avoiding Stinging Insects in School Environments - April 21, 2015 | 2 PM Eastern
- School Turf and Landscape Pest Management - TBD
These links will lead you to the recordings, questions and answers, related resources, and participation information for our past webinars:.
- Dealing with Nuisance Birds Around Schools - February 24, 2015
- Keeping Rodents Out of Your School - January 27, 2015
- Bed Bugs in Schools - December 16, 2014
- The Basics of School IPM - October 21, 2014
- Creating Tick Safe Schools Using IPM - September 30, 2014
- School Community Mosquito IPM - August 20, 2014