PPCP Terms - glossary created to share common usage of PPCP terms
Glossaries covering the many fields involved with PPCPs:
- U.S. EPA's Terms of Environment
- Cambridge Healthtech Institute: Genomics Glossary
- CancerWeb: The On-line Medical Dictionary
- Glossary for Chemists of Terms Used in Toxicology (International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC) Recommendations
[published in Pure Appl. Chem. 1993, 65(9):2003-2122]
- Glossary of Terms Used in Medicinal Chemistry (IUPAC Recommendations
[published in Pure Appl. Chem. 1998, 70:1129-1143]
- Scientific and Technical Acronyms, Symbols, and Abbreviations - Wiley InterScience
- Biopharmaceutical Glossary, Taxonomies - from Cambridge Healthtech Institute
- AcroMed - biomedical acronyms and meanings
- Biomedical Acronym/Definition Database - catalog of biomedical acronyms and abbreviations
- IUPAC Compendium of Chemical Terminology
- Google's experimental "Sets"
- "Sets" is an unusual experimental search engine that generates lists of similar, analogous, or related terms on the basis of a much smaller list. Very useful, for example, if you know one or a few names for a larger assemblage of like-terms but you can't remember the other members in the "set" of similars.
- For example, searching on the basis of "fluoxetine" will retrieve a list of drugs from a variety of therapeutic classes. By adding "paroxetine," the generated list is enriched for psychoactive substances. Adding "fluvoxamine" enriches the list further with names of many more antidepressants. Another example, starting with the name "ibuprofen" (naproxen), many other members of the "profens" class (alpha-phenyl derivatives of propionic acid) can be located.