Quality-Related ResourcesThis page contains links to other sources of quality management information available on the Web sorted by topic. If you know of other pages that should be added to this site, please send the page URL to email@example.com.
For examples of quality management tools (e.g., systematic planning, quality assessment, Quality Management Plans, Quality Assurance Project Plans, etc.) see Quality Management Tools. Several EPA organizations have quality-related Web pages that contain information on training, guidance, and other items. For links to these EPA sites, see EPA Contacts.
- Survey Management Handbook, EPA 260-B-03-003, May 2003 (PDF 134pp, 520K About PDF). The Survey Management Handbook provides guidance on the conduct, design and analysis of environmental surveys. The Handbook is written for use by both statisticians and non-statisticians and provides practical advice on many aspects of survey research. Contact: Office of Environmental Information/Office of Information Analysis and Access, Barry Nussbaum, 202-566-1493 firstname.lastname@example.org
Federal Organizations Other Than EPA
- U.S. Navy Environmental Sampling & Testing Programs
Information Quality and Resources Management
- EPA Information Quality Guidelines (IQGs)
- EPA Office of Information Resources Management
- EPA Geospatial Quality Council
Intergovernmental Data Quality Task Force (IDQTF), comprised of EPA and the Departments of Defense and Energy
- Task Force Organization and Background
- Uniform Federal Policies on Quality Systems and QA Project Plans,
as well as direction and guidance on implementation and applicability.
- The NELAC Institute
- EPA's Peer Review Program
Professional Societies and Associations
- American Society for Quality
- American Society for Testing and Materials
- Association for Quality and Participation
- Society of Quality Assurance
- EPA National Records Management Program
- DataPlot - National Institutes of Science and Technology
DataPlot is a free, public-domain, multi-platform software system for scientific visualization, statistical analysis, and non-linear modeling.
- George Mason University - Guide to Statistical Software
A comparison of commercially available statistical software.
- OnSite - U.S. EPA Office of Research and Development
A set of online tools for site assessment contains calculators for formulas, models, unit conversion factors and scientific demonstrations to assess the impacts from ground water contaminants.
- Spatial Analysis and Decision Assistance - University of Tennessee
Free software that incorporates tools from environmental assessment fields into an effective problem solving environment. These tools include integrated modules for visualization, geospatial analysis, statistical analysis, human health risk assessment, ecological risk assessment, cost/benefit analysis, sampling design, and decision analysis.
- Statlib - Department of Statistics at Cargnegie Mellon
Contains data and statistical software.
- StatPages.Net - John C. Pezzullo
Contains links to online calculators, free statistical software, online statistics books, tutorials, and related resources.
- Statistics Calculators - UCLA Department of Statistics
Calculators include statistical graphs, power calculations, sample size calculations, etc.
- Visual Sample Plan - Pacific Northwest National
Software to answer the questions - How many samples should I take? and Where?