Quality Management Tools - Quality Assurance Annual Report and Work PlansEPA requires annual reviews and planning of the quality system resources and activities for each EPA organization's quality system in a Quality Assurance Annual Report and Work Plan (QAARWP). The QAARWP is used to report on changes to an organization's quality system (as documented in its approved Quality Management Plan) and provide information on the previous year's quality management activities and those planned for the coming year. Topics addressed include quality system resources and their adequacy and activities undertaken for the management and implementation of the quality system. Example activities include quality-related training given and received, system-level and project-level quality assessments, publications, and presentations. QAARWPs are submitted annually to the Quality Staff, Office of Environmental Information.
All Federal Agencies participate in two other annual self assessment activities that are related to quality. They are the Government Performance and Results Act (GPRA) planning and reporting activities and the Federal Manager's Financial Integrity Act (FMFIA) declarations of material weaknesses.
- Frequent Questions about QAARWPs
- QAARWP Contents (PDF 6pp, 18K) (About PDF) - Chapter 4 of EPA Manual CIO 2105-P-01-0.
- The FY 2014-2015 QAARWP Template (Word, 2pp, 22KB)
- The QAARWP Workbook (Excel 6pp, 43KB)
- Quality Staff Contacts for QAARWPs (Excel,1 pp, 14 KB)
- QAARWP Launch Memo
Other On-line Resources
- Office of Management and Budget's GPRA Web Site
- Annual Financial Report, in accordance with the Chief Financial Officers Act and Office of Management and Budget Circular A-136, Financial Reporting Requirements