Quality Management Tools - Training ProgramsTraining consists of methods and techniques to ensure that all personnel have the necessary skills to effectively accomplish their work and that quality management responsibilities and requirements are understood at every stage of project implementation throughout the Agency. Quality assurance training plays a key role in institutionalizing EPA's Quality System by promoting knowledge of the system, providing guidance on EPA quality assurance policies, and helping staff develop the technical skills necessary to implement the Quality System. EPA organizations are required to provide training, for all levels of management and staff, to assure that quality assurance and quality control responsibilities and activities are understood at every stage of project implementation.
For directions on accessing the references listed below, see Information About Downloadable Files.
- Guidance for Developing a Training Program for Quality Systems (QA/G-10) (PDF 58pp, 190K About PDF) - December 2000 (Reissued May 2006), EPA/240/B-00/004. Reissue Notice (PDF 2pp, 91K About PDF). Guidance on determining quality system training needs and developing a program-specific quality systems training program for all levels of management and staff.
- Agency-wide training courses on quality assurance and quality management
are available at the Quality Staff Training
Please note: The Quality Staff is currently in the process of using Skillsoft, the OEI/OARM Learning Management System, and is reviewing and updating our existing training. We thank you for your patience.
Examples and Other On-line Resources
- American Society for Quality - Education Program
- American Society for Training and Development
- National Education Association
- U.S. Office of Personnel Management - Publications on training and