National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System
EPA and State NPDES Programs regulate publicly owned treatment works and industrial facilities discharging directly to surface waters, industrial facilities discharging to publicly owned treatment works, beneficial reuse of municipal sewage sludge (biosolids), runoff from animal feeding operations, and storm water discharges.
NPDES Public Notices and Announcements
- Stockbridge-Munsee Indian Reservation (Bowler, WI)
- Comment period ends October 9, 2013, Permit No. WI-0036188-3
- Stockbridge Munsee NPDES Permit Public Notice (PDF) (5pp, 170K About PDF) September 2013
- Draft NPDES Permit for Stockbridge-Munsee Community - Permit No. WI-0036188-3 (PDF) (33 pp, 625 K, About PDF) September 2013
- Statement of Basis for issuance of NPDES Permit No. WI-0036188-3 (PDF) (6pp, 244K About PDF) September 2013
- Bad River Band of the Lake Superior of Chippewa Indians (Ashland County, WI)
- Lake Michigan Car Ferry, Inc., S.S. Badger
- Ohio Concentrated Animal Feeding Operations Program
Other NPDES Programs
State NPDES Programs
- Illinois Environmental Protection Agency
- Indiana Department of Environmental Management
- Michigan Department of Environmental Quality
- Minnesota Pollution Control Agency
- Ohio Environmental Protection Agency
- Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources
Permit Compliance System Data
Permit Compliance System (PCS) is a national computerized management information system that automates entry, updating and retrieval of National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) data and tracks permit issuance, permit limits and monitoring data, and other data pertaining to facilities regulated under NPDES.
Industrial Pretreatment Program
The Pretreatment Program controls and minimizes the loading of pollutants to publicly owned treatment works from industrial, non-domestic sources to protect against operational, water quality, biosolids quality and worker health and safety problems.
"No Discharge" Zones
"No Discharge Zones" are designated bodies of waters that prohibit the discharge of treated and untreated boat sewage.